spc
uniqs
warren3527
join:2013-01-20

warren3527 to bsee

to bsee

Re: SE Michigan WOW problem

I'll give that a try, thanks.

It's too bad WOW wants to put it on me, their customer, a shortcoming on their end. You either have a quality product or you don't.

When it went 'all digital' there was no mention of which TV's would work properly and which wouldn't. Just that there would be NO INTERRUPTION OF SERVICE if the TV has a digital tuner.

To the WOW rep, don't bother...

All else, thanks for your time.

Inflex
join:2002-09-05

Inflex

said by warren3527:

You either have a quality product or you don't.

The problem is you don't have a quality product with that Visio junk.

You can't blame WOW for this one.

simpletru
@bhn.net

simpletru to warren3527

Anon

to warren3527
warren3527 you should appreciate the fact that WOW! actually allowed you (and other customers) to use your own digital qam tuner tv VS making YOU rent the dta's (like Comcast). If you want that Vizio issue resolved, rent a dta, simple resolution.
mogamer
join:2011-04-20
Royal Oak, MI

mogamer to Inflex

to Inflex
said by Inflex:

said by warren3527:

You either have a quality product or you don't.

The problem is you don't have a quality product with that Visio junk.

You can't blame WOW for this one.

+1

I recently exchanged my mom's stb with WOW. I picked it up at lunch time, made the exchange after work and returned it to her that evening. In the meanwhile she was watching a reduced line-up through her QAM tuner. No problems at all, except she couldn't watch any of her premium channels for the afternoon.
warren3527
join:2013-01-20

1 edit

warren3527

Well folks, I must say I don't agree and I see absolutely no reason to insult me or my equipment. I know Vizio isn't the best...

I've been with WOW for over 7 years now and they decide to change their service and I've supposed to run out and buy new TV's?

Maybe they could work it out so it works on my kind of TV too. It was stated, after all, there would be no interruption of service.
Flat out lie as they should know which tuners their product will work with and which won't. They are in the TV business if I'm not mistaken. If they are offering a product without knowing the needs of the market or at least warn the folks, that's bad practice.

Oh, just got my letter stating my monthly bill's going up ANOTHER $8 a month. What a deal, the quality of the product goes down and the fees go up.

Another example of greed running ramped.
mogamer
join:2011-04-20
Royal Oak, MI

mogamer

said by warren3527:

Well folks, I must say I don't agree and I see absolutely no reason to insult me or my equipment. I know Vizio isn't the best...

I've been with WOW for over 7 years now and they decide to change their service and I've supposed to run out and buy new TV's?

Maybe they could work it out so it works on my kind of TV too. It was stated, after all, there would be no interruption of service.
Flat out lie as they should know which tuners their product will work with and which won't. They are in the TV business if I'm not mistaken. If they are offering a product without knowing the needs of the market or at least warn the folks, that's bad practice.

Oh, just got my letter stating my monthly bill's going up ANOTHER $8 a month. What a deal, the quality of the product goes down and the fees go up.

Another example of greed running ramped.

I agree that WOW has had plenty of problems with tv service. But when it comes to clear QAM, WOW treats their customers better than any other provider. They have a clear QAM channel line-up available from their website and give rescan warnings whenever they are changing the line-up. Try to get clear QAM information from someone like Comcast or TWC. You'll be laughed out of the office. While UVerse and the satcos don't even have a non-stb option for their service.

aes128
join:2003-12-19
Warren, MI

aes128

Clear QAM is a HUGE plus for me as I only have Basic. Both my Sony TVs work just fine mostly, one better than the other. I do understand that the channel numbers are NOT a WOW issue. The fact they even have clear QAM is all I care about.