AcroVoice & DryVoIP Official Rep
Premium Member
join:2009-06-29
Victoria, BC

Trev to jayc1

Premium Member

to jayc1

Re: [Voip.ms] voip.ms fax forwarding

Why not port your fax number to Onesuite if they offer the service you want?
lilarry
Premium Member
join:2010-04-06

lilarry

Premium Member

said by Trev:

... or port to Vitelity or CallCentric. Both offer excellent inbound fax services. Vitelity's service also includes excellent outbound service - including email to fax. (I understand Voip.ms has a fax service in development. One day maybe ...)

crazyk4952
Premium Member
join:2002-02-04
united state
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-LR
Polycom VVX300

1 edit

crazyk4952 to Trev

Premium Member

to Trev
said by Trev:

It doesn't seem that onesuite offers number porting for non-toll free numbers.
said by lilarry:

... or port to Vitelity or CallCentric. Both offer excellent inbound fax services. Vitelity's service also includes excellent outbound service - including email to fax. (I understand Voip.ms has a fax service in development. One day maybe ...)

I agree. Unfortunately, it is going to cost the OP another $25 porting fee to transfer the number to a provider that supports incoming fax.

Next time someone wants to try something potentially wonky like this, it would be wise to purchase a temporary DID for $.99 to test it out first!
jayc1
join:2013-01-24

jayc1 to lilarry

to lilarry
said by lilarry:

said by Trev:

Hadn't heard of Vitelity.. Will check them out thanks
jayc1

jayc1 to crazyk4952

to crazyk4952

said by crazyk4952 See Profile

I agree. Unfortunately, it is going to cost the OP another $25 porting fee to transfer the number to a provider that supports incoming fax.

Next time someone wants to try something potentially wonky like this, it would be wise to purchase a temporary DID for $.99 to test it out first!
[/BQUOTE :

Agreed.. didn't think this one through, seemed like a good idea at the time! I used voip.ms for everything else, so thought I'd just host the DID there along with all my other numbers. Funny, I'm always the guy telling people to get a test DID for $0.99 to try things.. lightbulb didn't click on for this one though!

Ah well.. another $25 down the tube.. things could be worse, i could be paying for real landline access with my local telco and spending 10x what I spend on voip each month!

Wonder if voip.ms will ever add fax.. it's been "in development" for a LONG time now... probably not worth their while, but would still be nice to have all my stuff in one place!