Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

navyson

join:2011-07-15
Upper Marlboro, MD

1 edit

Starz

Does Verizon currently have any specials on the Starz movie package? I believe it comes bundled with the encore channels. I need to subscribe to it starting tomorrow(I must watch the last season of Spartacus) which I believe runs for a few weeks.

Reyr

join:2009-01-03
Wilmington, DE

Bundle or no Bundle....Do it for Spartacus! God I love this series...too bad this is the final season.

billhere

join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA
reply to navyson

I would certainly call Verizon and ask about specials.

navyson

Upper Marlboro, MD

1 edit
reply to navyson

What da hell? After being with FIOS for over 5 years, I called them tonight to ask about Starz and they can't find my account?

WTF? I am reading my account number from my bill and they still can't find my account? Is it because I don't have a Verizon home phone?(I just just a TV and phone provider).

They were eventually able to find my account when I gave them my Verizon wireless number(which is used by them as a backup telephone number).

The drama continues. I looked online and saw that Starz was available for 50% off for 6 months(regular price is $13.99 a month). Agent said that this offer is only available to new subscribers even though the website does not say this.

Does anyone here see anything here that says offer if
is for new subscribers only?
»www22.verizon.com/home/fiostv/#p···channels

birdfeedr
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI
kudos:9

said by navyson:

That whole page is for new subscribers only. But you can get the deal if you upgrade on the webz.

When I go to myverizon/add-upgrade/premium, Starz is available months 1-6 for 6.99, months 7-12 for regular 13.99.

Mac973

join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ
reply to navyson

Just subscribe for 3 months and when the series is over you can cancel. There is no contract with the premium channels.

navyson

Upper Marlboro, MD
reply to birdfeedr

If I do this tonight when I get home, how long does it take for the channel to come on?

I need the channel to be on by 10pm when the show starts.

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

Usually with in minuets of ordering a channel or movie package they are turned on.

celticpride

@verizon.net

I've been a verizon customer for over 3 years and recently had starz for $4.99 but just canceled it ( i got that price when the regular price was $9.99) and i got that price by calling on the phone and talking to a csr,so you should be able to get it for $6.99.

billhere

join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA
reply to navyson

Don't sweat it!

Once you are subscribed you should be able to watch Spartacus at your convenience using OnDemand. I assume you have a DVR.

Right now the last two episodes from last season are available on OnDemand.

navyson

Upper Marlboro, MD

1 edit
reply to birdfeedr

said by birdfeedr:

said by navyson:

That whole page is for new subscribers only. But you can get the deal if you upgrade on the webz.

When I go to myverizon/add-upgrade/premium, Starz is available 1-6 for 6.99, months 7-12 for regular 13.99.

Thanks. I just logged into my account and saw that the special was available to me for $6.99 even though the rep and her supervisor were adamant that the deal was only available to new customers only.

Channel came on within 5 minutes.

Were the rep and her supervisor being deceitful by telling me the offer wasn't available to me even though the rep told me she looked at my account?

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:2

"Where the rep and her supervisor being deceitful by telling me the offer wasn't available to me even though the rep told me she looked at my account?"

Being deceitful? Probably not -- but incompetent? Probably yes.

navyson

Upper Marlboro, MD

said by PJL:

"Where the rep and her supervisor being deceitful by telling me the offer wasn't available to me even though the rep told me she looked at my account?"

They certainly are incompetent for not being able to initially find my account using my account number from my bill. I have had FIOS for over 5 years and everytime I call them, I have the same issue.

I never had this issue when I had Directv, Dish, Comcast and Cablevision before.

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:2

said by navyson:

said by PJL:

They certainly are incompetent for not being able to initially find my account using my account number from my bill. I have had FIOS for over 5 years and everytime I call them, I have the same issue.

I never had this issue when I had Directv, Dish, Comcast and Cablevision before.

That's why I always do everything online. I just upgraded my service. It happened on time, and the estimated bill was correct and delivered as promised (both via e-mail and regular mail).

djoropallo

join:2003-10-20
Maple Shade, NJ
reply to navyson

Last year they ran a free preview after the last episode, within that time frame I watched all the episodes on-demand. You can just sign up for the last month and do the same.

navyson

Upper Marlboro, MD

said by djoropallo:

Last year they ran a free preview after the last episode, within that time frame I watched all the episodes on-demand. You can just sign up for the last month and do the same.

Unfortunately, I can't wait. $6.99/a month is very afforable. Series ends April 12 so I will be canceling then.