spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Gains
join:2012-06-19
Saint Clairsville, OH

Gains

Add-ons

If you could make an add-on do something better, what add-on would change and what would you make it do?

I'm thinking about a few... one being healersmustdie when I go into random bgs.... I only marks them after they cast a known healing spell from what I can tell... I don't know how it marks them period... but it'd be nice if it would just perma-mark the healers from the the start... it's not like you can't look in the beginning and see what everyone's spec is... it should mark them then... that way when you see that big bulls-eye ride up into battle you can attack them then... and not wait for them to cast a few healing spells to get marked.

wish there was a way npcscan could just reset itself... that pretty annoying.

you guys got any?

Goldheart
join:2002-06-09
Las Cruces, NM

Goldheart

I think most addons could be improved in one way or another. Much of it would be personal preference though and probably not universally preferred.

I'd like to see an addon that just adds a resizable minimap with node routing. Carbonite does this but all I want is the minimap from it really. The rest is mostly wasted.

Endbringer
join:2012-10-07
Fishers, IN

Endbringer to Gains

to Gains
i know its kind of a hobby for the people who write these addons but i would be happy if they were ready to go after a patch comes thru instead of having to wait a few days or even longer...theres an addon i loved that still hasnt been updated since 5.1

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to Gains

Premium Member

to Gains
I wish that someone would create an addon updater. I know Curse has one, and it's free, but has advertising built in. But the updater would run on all platforms, not just windows.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to Gains

Premium Member

to Gains
I'd love an addon that resolves the global variable taint that forces me to /reload just to change a friggin' talent or glyph!

or blizzard could fix that code... either one will suit me just fine.

On a more serious note... I don't know if it was Clique or a change Blizzard made in the API, but I can no longer keybind the MouseScrollUP or MouseScrollDown to spells anymore. Used to be my self defense CDs (fade, barkskin, desparate prayer, IBF, etc.). They've been added to the growing list of Alt+Button keybinds.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg to Goldheart

Premium Member

to Goldheart
Gold get Gathermate 2 it shows all known nodes on the mini map also get gathermate2 data it compiles the new nodes found from people that submit them to gm2 and you import it into the gm2 its what i use , it shows nodes on mini map and the world map makes farming so much easier

Goldheart
Las Cruces, NM

Goldheart

said by cymraeg:

Gold get Gathermate 2 it shows all known nodes on the mini map also get gathermate2 data it compiles the new nodes found from people that submit them to gm2 and you import it into the gm2 its what i use , it shows nodes on mini map and the world map makes farming so much easier

Yeah but I would still be stuck with the WoW UI minimap. Ugh. Too small.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
said by Immer:

I'd love an addon that resolves the global variable taint that forces me to /reload just to change a friggin' talent or glyph!

This holy #(*$&# this. I hate that so much. Have I made my point clear? Someone smarter than me fix taint please.

Ugh...

shinjuru

join:2000-10-29
West Coast

shinjuru to Gains

to Gains
I wish Lost Treasures did a better job working with TomTom.

Deft
Stros in '08
Premium Member
join:2003-09-06
Grand Forks, ND

Deft to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
said by Immer:

On a more serious note... I don't know if it was Clique or a change Blizzard made in the API, but I can no longer keybind the MouseScrollUP or MouseScrollDown to spells anymore. Used to be my self defense CDs (fade, barkskin, desparate prayer, IBF, etc.). They've been added to the growing list of Alt+Button keybinds.

Bartender works for me in all those cases!

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium Member
join:2000-09-20
Fort Worth, TX

Harddrive to Gains

Premium Member

to Gains
BankStack.

Make it so I could choose certain items to not be sorted and I could choose them to be at the top spots in my bags.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg to Goldheart

Premium Member

to Goldheart
there are map addons you can use to resize and position it, sexy map, and the like

Goldheart
Las Cruces, NM

Goldheart

said by cymraeg:

there are map addons you can use to resize and position it, sexy map, and the like

True, but not easy to use and you can't just drag a corner and resize like a window.

Deft
Stros in '08
Premium Member
join:2003-09-06
Grand Forks, ND

Deft

Premium Member

MoveAnything addon is pretty legit.
Vorpil
join:2010-01-30
Wright City, MO

Vorpil to Immer

to Immer
said by Immer:

Must be Clique, as I use the stock bars (no bar addon) and have no problems with my scroll wheel bindings.
pandora
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Outland

pandora to Gains

Premium Member

to Gains
I use healersmustdie and when running a BG as a healer, detection is nearly instant. In healer spec in a BG it's not possible to avoid healing asap, after the first cast, the healer flag goes up. Your BG while waiting is expecting the healer to heal and buff. My most durable healer used to be a shaman. Today it's not as easy as it was when totems were different.
Cptbeatstix
join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX

1 recommendation

Cptbeatstix to Gains

to Gains
I would love a bg addon to automatically auto reports in BG's when people stay static 2 minutes after the game starts.