All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Poser
join:2002-07-28

Poser

Roger's Loyalty Gift Card

Three Months ago I cancelled. Rogers sent a letter requesting I let them know why in exchange for a gift card. I called and asked for a $25 esso gas card.

This will surely help pay off the fees I incurred when I switched to Teksavvy.

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

1 recommendation

sbrook

Mod

Boy has Rogers ever got a screwed up sense of priority. Rather than try to sucker people back to overpriced services, why on earth do they increase prices to drive people away!

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

elitefx

There's a serious problem in Rogers marketing strategy. Every time they hike rates they must drive another 10,000 lower/middle income families away.

You can't have your lowest usable Internet tier priced at $51.99 + tax + modem + more tax. I mean, Rogers has completely destroyed the Lite tier with their ridiculous 20GB cap so it's Express or nothing for the vast majority.

Just don't get it. The only market force driving Rogers into the ground is Rogers insatiable greed. A 6% price hike on their most popular Express tier is just pure insanity. 10 years from now you'll have to be wealthy just to afford basic Rogers internet.

That's not the way technology works. The longer it's out, the cheaper and better it gets. Just look at Samsung, ASUS, AMD etc.

There's something seriously, seriously wrong with Rogers.
VHS
join:2008-11-17

VHS to Poser

to Poser
I got a postcard from Rogers but it only offered $10 gift card. There was a few places to choose from like swiss chalet, sobeys, esso, etc.... I took sobeys.
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt to elitefx

to elitefx
said by elitefx:

I mean, Rogers has completely destroyed the Lite tier with their ridiculous 20GB cap so it's Express or nothing for the vast majority.

Tell that to the group of people - likely a significant portion of their user base - that never even come close to 20GB a month.

elitefx
London, ON

elitefx

said by bt:

Tell that to the group of people - likely a significant portion of their user base - that never even come close to 20GB a month.

Lite@$41.49 + tax for 20GB + modem +more tax. Give your head a shake. You call that USABLE????
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by elitefx:

said by bt:

Lite@$41.49 + tax for 20GB + modem +more tax. Give your head a shake. You call that USABLE????

The price is a rip off but there is a sizeable market of non-tech savvy consumers who will never come close to 20GB and will pay the premium to have Rogers hand hold them through literally everything.

elitefx
London, ON

elitefx

said by yyzlhr:

The price is a rip off but there is a sizeable market of non-tech savvy consumers who will never come close to 20GB and will pay the premium to have Rogers hand hold them through literally everything.

You're absolutely right. I only use 16-18GB/month at my busiest. Only ever went over 20GB once in ten years. Anyhoo........I just need the speed, such as 25/2 is, that's all.

6% increase...can't believe it.

Dones
join:2008-02-14
Toronto, ON

Dones to Poser

to Poser
I want free gas. What number do I call?

Poser

Poser

Cancel a service with them and they will send you a postcard in the mail asking you to call them.

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to VHS

Premium Member

to VHS
said by VHS:

I got a postcard from Rogers but it only offered $10 gift card. There was a few places to choose from like swiss chalet, sobeys, esso, etc.... I took sobeys.

I got a postcard from Rogers offering me a $1/month subscription to one of their lame magazines.

Guess that's what having 5 services with them gets you. (Cellular, wireless internet, internet, cable and homephone)

I suppose if I downgraded to to nothing I'd get a $200 VISA loyalty gift card...

SHARONVVV57
@bell.ca

SHARONVVV57 to Poser

Anon

to Poser
UNFORTUNALY MINE WAS EMPTY!!!!!!!!!!??????

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS to elitefx

to elitefx
Although Rogers marketing choices are sometimes questionable, I don't think they really scare too many people away.

For 1, the costs of switching to a TPIA are sort of prohibitive (though not their fault). You're looking at modem + $65 + first month's service.

Like with wireless and TV, people that don't go over the usage caps will just suck it up and take up the rear. Actually, if Rogers usage caps were more reasonable, I would never have left despite 15~25% lower rates from TPIAs for same speeds.

I can hope someday one of the three parties in Canada's politics will make Internet availability and pricing an issue. But not holding my breath.

Poser

Poser

yeah, the initial cost is steep. it pays for itself after the first year though. everything after that is gravy.

I refuse to give money to a company that treats me like a fool. I ditched them on my mobile phone too.
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983

Premium Member

said by Poser:

yeah, the initial cost is steep. it pays for itself after the first year though. everything after that is gravy.

I refuse to give money to a company that treats me like a fool. I ditched them on my mobile phone too.

It really does.. Especially as you can go up a package, and have it still cost less than what you were paying previously with Rogers.
VHS
join:2008-11-17

VHS to J E F F4

to J E F F4
said by J E F F4:

said by VHS:

I got a postcard from Rogers offering me a $1/month subscription to one of their lame magazines.

Guess that's what having 5 services with them gets you. (Cellular, wireless internet, internet, cable and homephone)

I suppose if I downgraded to to nothing I'd get a $200 VISA loyalty gift card...

haha ya I got one of those too. I only have internet with them. You need to cancel your service and during that 30 day grace period till the actual disconnect, they will send you a gift card. Rogers will only be nice to you if you cancel, its called "tough love"
Expand your moderator at work