join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to GamerQwest87

Re: Netalyzer Shows: Uplink 540ms "Excessive Buffering"

• In your test this tracert is there.

• The analysis also says:

"Path MTU (?): OK
    The path between your network and our system supports an MTU of at least 1500 bytes, and the path between our system and your network has an MTU of 1492 bytes. The bottleneck is at IP address 75.160.237.234."

Which is not true, since you are on PPPoE and the MTU is correctly set at 1492.

However it does point to the hop just before yours with a 73 ms RTT and then your hop with a 100 ms RTT.

• Here is what I get to that router:

• And Finally a tracert to your hop.

Since your firewall is up I cannot get a RTT to your hop, but the last hop is the same router that I cannot find anything wrong with it at this point in time.

• Based on this data either you have an issue at your hop, or that test is pure BS.

I say that because it gave me pretty much the same wording that is in your test.

• So, I don't know what you want to do at this juncture. Do you what to dig some more, or try your gaming and see is you still have issues?

• Another possibility is that the "buffering" is just the winds on the Internet and it could be off of CLs network which they have no control.

--
    "You can observe a lot by watching". Yogi Berra

• GamerQwest87

join:2012-08-07
    Phoenix, AZ

1 edit
    I didn't think my firewall was actually up. I know the PC firewall is off and I thought my modem/router firewall was turned off also. However, I just checked it and it seemed to be on. I'll turn it off, re-test and also test in-game to see if there is any difference in change and report back if there is still problems.

/Edit:

Turned off the firewall, both the IPv4 and IPv6 firewalls to be sure and the issue didn't change in any way.

Irish Shark
    Play Like A Champion Today
    Premium,MVM
    join:2000-07-29
    Las Vegas, NV
    kudos:5
    • I cannot get to 174.19.152.56 (which if I reading things correctly this is your IP).

• Tracert to that router

• Ping to that router

--
    "You can observe a lot by watching". Yogi Berra