share rss forum feed

technocar2

join:2009-05-29
Brampton, ON
kudos:2

1 edit
reply to abitbent

Re: Paltry Usage Cap Tyranny Freedom

As good as Start it, they are still more expensive then rogers when you factor in extreme usage.

I'm currently averaging 1.38TB for the past three months and paying $138 for the 150/10 plan (70% off). If I was to pay the non discount price it would be $230.

On Start for the 45/4 plan with 1.38TB of usage it would cost $574... whilst Rogers is offering a bargain price of $230 for 150/10 and unlimited usage wouldn't you say?

Start only works for people with low usage, if you have extreme usage needs your only "choice" ends up being rogers and no one can deny that at the moment.

Teksavvy offers unlimited but they don't offer high upload. CIK offers the 150/10 but its not unlimited and they call you if use "too much" internet and tell you take a walk. With Start I've already made my point clear.

Marbles_00

join:2005-02-14
Hamilton, ON

Where are you seeing Roger's offering unlimited usage in the 150/10 Ultimate class? On their site it states 250G usage. In fine print elsewhere they state $2/G if you've gone over the usage. If that is the case, your bill will be considerably greater than start.ca...and you will hit that cap faster at that rate. Not denying that they are offering unlimited as a promotion, but you may want to watch your usage/bill with them, otherwise we will see another one of those cases where the extreme bill occurs.

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4

said by Marbles_00:

Where are you seeing Roger's offering unlimited usage in the 150/10 Ultimate class? On their site it states 250G usage. In fine print elsewhere they state $2/G if you've gone over the usage. If that is the case, your bill will be considerably greater than start.ca...and you will hit that cap faster at that rate. Not denying that they are offering unlimited as a promotion, but you may want to watch your usage/bill with them, otherwise we will see another one of those cases where the extreme bill occurs.

People interpret Rogers's $100 cap on overages as unlimited.

Marbles_00

join:2005-02-14
Hamilton, ON

DOH! Yep, forgot about that. Thanks for setting me straight...silly wabbit.