Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

DrStrangLov

join:2012-03-28
reply to wm4bama

Re: [Exede] Discussion: Current Status Wednesday January 23, 201

said by wm4bama:

...download bandwidth that's suffering, and will probably continue to suffer from 5-6pm until after 11pm...

Each legacy Gateway had a fixed amount of bandwidth, and NMP policies were designed around this paradigm.

With AcceleNet Servers, specifically Phoenix's AcceleNet Server, where time-zones, along with two different Gateway types (5/12), if you have a limited Internet pipe size, network folks will clamp down and determine who and how much a given customer (5/12) gets. After all, shouldn't beam 358 get the most bandwidth, with it being Wildblue's "Home Beam?"

Exede will add bandwidth when they perceive it is needed, and network folks turn the NMP dials as needed. This has been an industry practice, for years; Cisco's "demons" make it so easy.

In any event, I'm not complaining about download speed...but, I do know the NMP-demon is byting away on Testmy's progress-time-line. I've seen Testmy bar stop, stop, and stop, which means others are being fed the bytes...when it resumes, it can fly.