spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

zephxiii

join:2012-12-12
Fort Wayne, IN

Inbound to ported DIDs not working? Why?

The two DIDs i ported into Callcentric can't get inbound calls from what seems like most of the people out there. The free DIDs i have with them work fine.

The port completed back on the 10th. Everything has been working fine up until today. I put in an order to disconnect our last remaining line (the ones that were ported out were already disconnected) on the 16th and is still connected at this time.

It's interesting because a sprint user a couple of hours south of us can connect through, but a sprint user here in the same town cannot. I had a friend on VZW in the DC area (11 hours east) not be able to connect, yet someone down in Tennessee could connect successfully. A call from a VoIP.ms account connects too. AT&T landline, AT&T wireless, Sprint, and VZW in my area cannot connect.

I'm interested from a tech standpoint of what the problem could be. It seems like those who cannot get through, their calls aren't even hitting callcentric. But that's a guess.

Interestingly there a few things on timing that happened with AT&T (where we ported from) today and yesterday. It makes me want to think that they were the cause of all of this!!

crazyk4952
Premium
join:2002-02-04
united state
kudos:1

Sounds like you need to submit a trouble ticket.

zephxiii

Fort Wayne, IN

Yes i submitted one at around 7:30am this morning. Haven't heard anything yet!

crazyk4952
Premium
join:2002-02-04
united state
kudos:1
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
·Vitelity VOIP
·Charter
·Callcentric

said by zephxiii:

Yes i submitted one at around 7:30am this morning. Haven't heard anything yet!

Wow. That is pretty long by Callcentric standards. Every trouble ticket that I've submitted has been responded to within less than 1 hour! Maybe they are investigating the issue still?

zephxiii

Fort Wayne, IN

I have a hunch that it is outside of what they can directly control for some reason.

Expand your moderator at work

Dan_voip

join:2007-01-03
Saint-Hubert, QC
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to zephxiii

Re: Inbound to ported DIDs not working? Why?

Usually when someone from another network(provider) can't reach you, that person should open a ticket with that provider and normally that's a routing problem, that provider didn't update his route to your ported number.
Now it's a little strange because the number was ported many days ago and from the same provider one can call you but another one can't.
I'm curious from the people who can't call you now if someone was able to call you between porting day and now.

zephxiii

Fort Wayne, IN

Everyone was able to route in before as it suddenly stopped working for most of those people yesterday (including phones i have with 3 different providers). But something got screwed up somewhere...

All tests today that i have ran have been successful so far though