Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jcondon

join:2000-05-27
Fishkill, NY
reply to Webcobbler

Re: 3Net debuts on Comcast :(

3D is pretty niche still (and probably always will be).

As long as my rates don't go up though I have no issue with Verizon adding it. I personally don't care about 3D and don't have a 3D TV.

MURICA

join:2013-01-03
3D TV isn't taking off as fast as it should because of crap like this. Providers will only carry awful 3D channels like ESPN 3D instead of interesting ones like 3net.

Verizon needs to drop ESPN 3D and put 3net in its place.

said by jcondon:

3D is pretty niche still (and probably always will be).

As long as my rates don't go up though I have no issue with Verizon adding it. I personally don't care about 3D and don't have a 3D TV.

Fiber is pretty niche still (and probably always will be).

As long as my rates don't go up though I have no issue with Verizon adding it. I personally don't care about fiber and don't have a fiber optic line.

Webcobbler

@verizon.net
Fiber Optic is the future. All providers will have to get on the bandwagon to support the future bandwidth needs of customers.

I believe that UHD will be the future. Just like HD was the future, and now is a standard. Fiber Optic connections will be a must have in the near future for all providers streaming TV and/or internet.

Lets just say that when UHD is here, High Def will be the new Standard Def, and then SD will ( I am hopping ) be totally phased out by then. If I can't even stand to watch a SD channel now because of High Def, I am sure that many people once UHD comes around, won't even give SD a second look (If it is still around then, which IMO is pointless.)

danclan

join:2005-11-01
Midlothian, VA
reply to MURICA
said by MURICA:

As long as my rates don't go up though I have no issue with Verizon adding it. I personally don't care about fiber and don't have a fiber optic line.

So you are in a fiber forum arguing about something you don't have?

And with 15 million homes having fiber available to them and with Comcast requiring fiber for their high end currently...you can expect that number to continue to climb...id say its not niche as Verizon continues to driver users to its existing deployments of fiber.

Verizon continues to add users to fiber base and continues to pull in subscribers. I don't see fiber going away only growing. Slower than many hand hoped but still growing and hardly niche.

Webcobbler

@verizon.net
reply to MURICA
Fiber is the future. All providers have to jump onto this bandwagon soon to support the Bandwidth needs of customers streaming UHD channels and content.

UHD is the future. Just like High Def was, and is the standard now. I believe that once UHD is here, then HD becomes the new SD.

Standard Def channels will have to be eliminated. I personally can't watch SD channels because of the High Def quality. Imagine watching SD channel once UHD is here. UHD>HD>SD. SD would look extremely terrible to me, and normal viewers by then. I just hope that SD is completely gone by that time.

I also believe that HD digital adapters could replace SD digital ones we have now. SD STBs are a thing of the past, and all customers should be kicked in the ass to upgrade to 7xxxx series boxes ASAP because of MPEG4. If everyone is at least on the 7xxx boxes, FiOS can save space to add more MPEG4 channels.

the next move is to eliminate all SD channels that have HD equivalent channels , and then to eliminate all of them.

However, even though 3D channel are not that popular, they have to add them with content available on those channels, then more people will watch them, etc. ( like the hopefully new addition of 3Net, which is a must have IMO. ) I do watch HBO 3D ON Demand, as well as Starz 3D. All Premium channels should have 3D, IMO... and it should be def included.

Anyway, since UHD is the future with the new HVEC codec, and in 2015, STBs will be built with those chips in them, FiOS and all providers have to move their Butts and get this S - double H - double I - double TT .....started

Hell, they only have 3 years to get this up and running with working UHD channels being streamed to customers. Ruffly in the same timeframe as the 2016 Olympics.

Webcobber

@verizon.net
reply to Webcobbler
if I posted my last 2 statements that they are the same or similar, I apologize.

I thought that I needed cookies enabled, so when I posted it without enabling them, I did not think it would be posted. Then I enabled them, and posted again.

Again, my bad. lol

MURICA

reply to danclan
said by danclan:

said by MURICA:

So you are in a fiber forum arguing about something you don't have?

And with 15 million homes having fiber available to them and with Comcast requiring fiber for their high end currently...you can expect that number to continue to climb...id say its not niche as Verizon continues to driver users to its existing deployments of fiber.

Verizon continues to add users to fiber base and continues to pull in subscribers. I don't see fiber going away only growing. Slower than many hand hoped but still growing and hardly niche.

READING COMPREHENSION 101:

I was making a joke about this guy having the audacity to complain about 3DTV being "niche" on a FIBER OPTIC FORUM by parodying his post with the words "3D" replaced with "fiber."

I'd be willing to bet there are more households in America with a 3DTV in them than there are households that are subscribed to a fiber optic product like our beloved Verizon FiOS.

knarf829

join:2007-06-02
kudos:1
said by MURICA:

I was making a joke about this guy having the audacity to complain about 3DTV being "niche" on a FIBER OPTIC FORUM by parodying his post with the words "3D" replaced with "fiber."

I think he actually meant the more accurate term of "fad." 3DTV is a fad.

MURICA

said by knarf829:

said by MURICA:

HD is a fad.

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX
kudos:1
reply to knarf829
said by knarf829:

said by MURICA:

You have to be in the elite to understand 3DTV is not a fad. Sorry.

--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo
Expand your moderator at work