bryant313 to CoxVegas

to CoxVegas
wow wow wee wow 0.0 man that must have been a great day

CoxVegas
join:2011-07-25
Las Vegas, NV

CoxVegas

Re: [NV] Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands' Birthday Present

I remember being ecstatic over upgrading from a 300 to a 2400 baud modem and downloading at 228 cps... and then an improvement to Z-Modem to get to 232 cps!!! Woot!
EyeInTheSky
join:2010-09-20
Las Vegas, NV

EyeInTheSky

You mean Xmodem wasnt enough for you?

Optimus2357
Premium Member
join:2010-11-21
West Warwick, RI

1 edit

Optimus2357 to CoxVegas

Premium Member

to CoxVegas
May want to be careful, there is both a IP and a phone number in that picture. FYI

::Edit:: By the way, whats the story behind this? I feel like I'm missing some kind of inside joke. Is that Ultimate, or running with some testing config?

CoxVegas
Las Vegas, NV

CoxVegas

Heh, the IP we know about, won't really do anyone any good.

That yellow sticky note is (nearly) meaningless scrawls.

Optimus2357
Premium Member
West Warwick, RI

Optimus2357 to CoxVegas

Premium Member

to CoxVegas
Only reason I was looking so close to see what kind of coaxial you were using. Looks too skinny to Quad shield, unless some kind of new tech? If so, I want it, would be perfect for wall fishing. Standard RG6 is so rigid.

digiblur
Premium Member
join:2002-06-03
Louisiana

digiblur to CoxVegas

Premium Member

to CoxVegas
Wake me when the caps go up with the speeds... until then even 300 megabit down wouldn't impress me. Like putting a half gallon gas tank on a dragster. It's not getting far...

Optimus2357
Premium Member
West Warwick, RI

Optimus2357

Premium Member

Don't dragsters have really small gas tanks already? I mean they only have to go a mile. Just sayin..

Im still curious though, could we get more info? How does Queen Beatrix tie in? Is this a new service coming soon?

BryanInPHX
Premium Member
join:2001-03-06
Phoenix, AZ

BryanInPHX

Premium Member

Jan 31st is Justin Timberlake's Birthday too!!!

Optimus2357
Premium Member
West Warwick, RI

Optimus2357 to CoxVegas

Premium Member

to CoxVegas
I have a feeling I am being trolled. ::grin:: Ok ok..nevermind.
Needleinthha
join:2009-11-30
Chandler, AZ

Needleinthha to digiblur

to digiblur
Really? 3x faster downstream and 4 times faster upstream (on ultimate at least) not even a "oh, cool". or "wow, thats a big upgrade". whine whine whine

BryanInPHX
Premium Member
Phoenix, AZ

BryanInPHX to Optimus2357

Premium Member

to Optimus2357
said by Optimus2357:

I have a feeling I am being trolled. ::grin:: Ok ok..nevermind.

I believe CoxVegas is telling us in code (reference to Jan 31st) that is the date the speed increases go into effect, and that Ultimate is going up to approx 150Mbps .
bryant313
join:2011-05-24
Las Vegas, NV

bryant313

yep there is no trolling here on my cox annual speed upgrade there have been multiple confirmations of speed upgrades posted for the January 31st

digiblur
Premium Member
Louisiana

digiblur to Optimus2357

Premium Member

to Optimus2357
said by Optimus2357:

Don't dragsters have really small gas tanks already? I mean they only have to go a mile. Just sayin..

Im still curious though, could we get more info? How does Queen Beatrix tie in? Is this a new service coming soon?

I guess your analogy better explains it then. The OP is the dragster...real fast but doesn't really go anywhere. 100 mbit with a 400gig cap...30mbit with a 600gig cap...now we're talking!
Rakeesh
join:2011-10-30
Phoenix, AZ

Rakeesh to CoxVegas

to CoxVegas
I'm on premier and the opposite happened to me. Just ran a shaperprobe test and I got these results:

Estimating capacity:
Upstream: 2349 Kbps.
Downstream: 8301 Kbps.

The measurement will take upto 2.5 minutes. Please wait.

Checking for traffic shapers:

Upstream: Burst size: 2104-2147 KB;
Shaping rate: 1194 Kbps.

Downstream: No shaper detected.
Median received rate: 8101 Kbps.

Speedtest.net shows this:

»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 6496.png

Optimus2357
Premium Member
West Warwick, RI

Optimus2357 to BryanInPHX

Premium Member

to BryanInPHX
Ahh ok, that makes sense. I thought it was something like that, but the Birthday thing was throwing me off. I thought it was some sort of inside joke I was missing. Was reading too much into it.

But yea, very cool. I have a feeling they will increase the cap right around the time they start charging for overages. Right now their Caps are pretty loose compared to other ISP's. But lets not turn this thread into a Cap debate. There's already like a thousand on this board.

BryanInPHX
Premium Member
Phoenix, AZ

BryanInPHX

Premium Member

Queen Beatrix to Abdicate the Throne...

AMSTERDAM—Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands said she would abdicate after 33 years on the throne, to be succeeded in the largely ceremonial role by her eldest son, 45-year-old Willem-Alexander.

The queen, who turns 75 this week, announced her abdication in a prerecorded televised address Monday. The coincidence of her birthday and the celebration of the 200th anniversary of the Kingdom of the Netherlands was the reason for her decision,

»online.wsj.com/article/S ··· 528.html

CoxVegas
Las Vegas, NV

CoxVegas

said by BryanInPHX:

AMSTERDAM—Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands said she would abdicate after 33 years on the throne, to be succeeded in the largely ceremonial role by her eldest son, 45-year-old Willem-Alexander.

Wow, I guess she's REALLY looking forward to her birthday present....
FourWheelKid
join:2006-03-03
Lafayette, LA

FourWheelKid to CoxVegas

to CoxVegas

Re: [NV] Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands' Birthday Present

upgrade hit here:
»speedtest.net/result/247 ··· 9072.png

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536 to digiblur

Premium Member

to digiblur
said by digiblur:

Wake me when the caps go up with the speeds... until then even 300 megabit down wouldn't impress me. Like putting a half gallon gas tank on a dragster. It's not getting far...

caps are to keep cord cutters at bay. don't hold your breath.
dvd536

dvd536 to Needleinthha

Premium Member

to Needleinthha
said by Needleinthha:

Really? 3x faster downstream and 4 times faster upstream (on ultimate at least) not even a "oh, cool". or "wow, thats a big upgrade". whine whine whine

powerboost poisoning combined with chrome browser. sorry, doesn't impress me.

digiblur
Premium Member
Louisiana

digiblur to dvd536

Premium Member

to dvd536
The little extra boost on the upload is nice..but I see they updated the speeds on their Caps page but the same exact 400/250/200, etc numbers are there. Meh... yawn...this is stupid and really does nothing. It was only to pacify people that complained of the price increase. The expense of these extra speeds was absolutely ZERO unless of course you count the changes on the website and pushing the config files.
nickphx
join:2009-10-29
Phoenix, AZ

nickphx

Really? So all the hard costs on infrastructure for D3 upgrades and network backhaul from CMTS to peering points were free? Amazing!

BryanInPHX
Premium Member
Phoenix, AZ

BryanInPHX to CoxVegas

Premium Member

to CoxVegas
Cox AZ is getting the speed increase tonight also.

digiblur
Premium Member
Louisiana

digiblur to nickphx

Premium Member

to nickphx
said by nickphx:

Really? So all the hard costs on infrastructure for D3 upgrades and network backhaul from CMTS to peering points were free? Amazing!

D3 has been here since the last upgrade.

I just don't see the point... let's give people faster internet so they use up the cap faster. It's like getting a bigger trailer to haul stuff around with but the your new bigger trailer hauls the same exact weight as the last. Wha???
Rakeesh
join:2011-10-30
Phoenix, AZ

Rakeesh

Not sure what all of this talk about caps is about. I almost always far exceed my cap (sometimes two to four fold) and haven't had any complaints. A friend of mine far south in the valley says he hasn't heard any either.

Optimus2357
Premium Member
West Warwick, RI

Optimus2357 to CoxVegas

Premium Member

to CoxVegas
::Insert Eating popcorn GIF here::

Yea, I saw this coming. As soon as anyone mentions Caps...

Im still just curios what kind of coaxial compressors he used. Guess Im just a nerd. XD
Kissler
join:2012-07-06
Las Vegas, NV

Kissler to CoxVegas

to CoxVegas
Well, I tried it about 3 times this morning.

Still no where near 100mbps.