uniqs
share rss forum feed

RickStep
Premium
join:2002-11-25
Hamilton, ON
kudos:1
reply to dsudot

Re: [TV] Fibe TV/Internet, LAN switch/cabling question ?

Since Bell officially stopped throttling, Bell seems to have moved into an area that they hadn't worried about.

The area is how to control the number of users.

While Bell's old official policy (Cogeco as well) was to allow 4 users on a system; any number of users didn't seem to matter. If a switch was installed, the number of users could be extended. If ten users installed Bell Security services, Bell seemed not to care.

Recent firmware updates/upgrades may only allow 1 TV receiver per a Sagemcom Ethernet port to a maximum of 3 and the 4th Ethernet port can be split for computers.

Over the past few days, Bell has disabled their Bell Internet Security service here on some computers. They now only allow 3 computers to have Bell Internet Security installed. I uninstalled Bell's software on some computers and it only works for 3 computers.

Screw Bell! I will NOT buy extra licences from Bell. Microsoft's free security is now installed on the other computers.

I used Bell security services because Bell's built in defragmenter was better than Microsoft's and Symantec's bloated software was draining my computer's performance. Other than that they are just another security free security provider if you are a Bell Internet customer.

Ever since Microsoft (and others) sell products (i.e. Microsoft Office) for 3 computers, Bell it seems is bent on wanting to paid for over 3 users and is enforcing a 3 user policy.

Rick