uniqs
34764170 (banned)
join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned) to InvalidError

to InvalidError

Re: [Cable] Need faster upload!!!

said by InvalidError:

If it is essential for your job, get your employer to set you up with something faster at his own expense. If your employer refuses then it is quite possible that your employer does not consider you (or you having faster internet) quite that essential.

Maybe they could consider that option when that option exists.

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS

said by 34764170:

said by InvalidError:

If it is essential for your job, get your employer to set you up with something faster at his own expense. If your employer refuses then it is quite possible that your employer does not consider you (or you having faster internet) quite that essential.

Maybe they could consider that option when that option exists.

Except the option does exist. Consumer grade internet connections aren't the only ones out there.
chrisl83
join:2011-06-21
Almonte, ON

chrisl83

Oh okay, it all makes sense now

those of us that need more then 1 megabit upload should all just get business lines or just get a fiber line.

God, why didn't I think of that... hang on while I go plant that money tree.

TypeS
London, ON

TypeS

said by chrisl83:

those of us that need more then 1 megabit upload should all just get business lines or just get a fiber line.

How about reading what's posted? I never said 1Mbps is satisfactory.
34764170 (banned)
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned) to chrisl83

to chrisl83
said by chrisl83:

Exactly.

34764170 (banned) to TypeS

to TypeS
said by TypeS:

Except the option does exist. Consumer grade internet connections aren't the only ones out there.

Show me TSI's business cable service never mind ones with higher upstream speeds.
The Mongoose
join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON

The Mongoose

said by 34764170:

said by TypeS:

Show me TSI's business cable service never mind ones with higher upstream speeds.

TSI doesn't offer every possible service out there. That's hardly new. Not sure what bearing that has on the fact that TekSavvy is doing all they can to get the new upload speeds from Rogers on consumer cable. (And yes, they could abandon everything they put into distributed POI infrastructure, but even if they were that suicidal, it wouldn't happen tomorrow).

If it's moving too slow for customers and they're willing to take on the uncertainty and added costs to get the new speeds faster, they should move to Start. It's a perfectly reasonable option, one I thnk a lot of people will consider if things don't go well at the CRTC. Arguing over whether 1mbps is enough, or business vs. consumer, etc, is kind of pointless.
34764170 (banned)
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned)

said by The Mongoose:

TSI doesn't offer every possible service out there. That's hardly new.

I don't know why you're replying to me. He made the original comment.

No, Start is not a reasonable option for me, not even close.

TypeS
London, ON

TypeS to 34764170

to 34764170
said by 34764170:

said by TypeS:

Are you ignorant intentionally or just brain dead?

There are other ISPs other than TekSavvy. Beauty of a free(-ish) market, there are other competitors (other than other TPIAs or the incumbents).

Your attitude of wanting x amount of service at y price is no different than Rogers wanting x amount of profits at y cost.
34764170 (banned)
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned)

said by TypeS:

Are you ignorant intentionally or just brain dead?

There are other ISPs other than TekSavvy. Beauty of a free(-ish) market, there are other competitors (other than other TPIAs or the incumbents).

I was thinking that about you but I held back from saying it.

But none of them offer appropriate service, otherwise I would be using them already.

TypeS
London, ON

TypeS

So there are alternatives but you're choosing not to go with them.
34764170 (banned)
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned)

Seriously you're so dumb it is amazing.

TypeS
London, ON

TypeS

Because I explained how there other alternatives if higher upload is crucial to someone right now while other ISPs catch up?

For pointing how ridiculous it is to compare the speed of an internet service a vital resource to sustain life?

Think its time to re-evaluate what constitutes "dumb".
34764170 (banned)
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned)

said by TypeS:

Because I explained how there other alternatives if higher upload is crucial to someone right now while other ISPs catch up?

For pointing how ridiculous it is to compare the speed of an internet service a vital resource to sustain life?

Think its time to re-evaluate what constitutes "dumb".

You're assuming those are viable alternatives. I didn't say it was crucial either but the year is 2013 not 2002.

I don't think it is vital but you're implying that essentially no one has any requirement for reasonable upload speeds and no having to have a money tree to attain those speeds is not reasonable either. I don't consider the "new" speed tiers from Rogers to meet my definition of reasonable either. They bumped up to speeds to make their connections just "usable" but that's about it.

TypeS
London, ON

TypeS

I never said their isn't a need for reasonable upload speeds.

BUT, the OP equated not having better upload speeds to not having better speeds to not having clean drinking water.

The internet, in general, is not a life or death utility.

Yes uploading/streaming HD video is becoming quite commonplace

Yes storing data on the internet via services like those by Amazon, Google, etc. is gaining popularity.

But even still, none of that is as serious or the lack thereof "dire".

Rogers offer 150/10 and Bell offers 50/50 at around the $100 mark. Then there is their 250/250 and 175/175 plans (although so narrowly available at moment.