Premium
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA

HELLFIRE
Premium
join:2009-11-25
kudos:18
reply to ke4pym
See where things are in a year... Can't say I've used much Belkin in my life, but what I see on the shelves at
the local electronics store doesn't impress on first glance.

Regards

cramer
Premium
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC
kudos:9

1 recommendation

I have plenty of Belkin tech... in my trash. (still have several Linksys WAP11's!)

TomS_
Git-r-done
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-19
London, UK
kudos:5
reply to ke4pym
Gee, couldnt half see this coming...

Ive never really been impressed with the cheapie brands ever since I started using my first Cisco router (2514.)

Crappy plastic moulding, awful designs that dont match anything you have in your house, cheap power supplies that fail, or are too big and take up so much room you cant plug anything in next to them, and crap firmware with barely legible English.

The biggest one I choke at is Billion. They even had their slogan as "powering communications with security" at one stage. In my last job we were constantly dealing with an issue where the WAN port, which is usually meant to be completely separate, would some how join with the LAN ports, and a whole bunch of customers were able to browse around each others networks, and also received those pop up messages saying there is an IP conflict because their computer had the same IP as about 5 others on the "same network segment."

Security my arse...

Anyway, rant for the day over.

Wily_One
Premium
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to ke4pym
And it's done:
»news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-575746···m-cisco/

I think it's a smart move on Cisco's part to re-focus on the core business (enterprise networking). The Linksys branding by Cisco did more to sully Cisco's reputation rather than elevate Linksys.

OVERKILL

join:2010-04-05
Peterborough, ON
Agreed completely on all counts.

I can't count the number of times I've heard "but it says Cisco on it, it should be just as good as what we have at the office" after paying $40.00 for it at Futureshop and discovering it overheats and craps out.