how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

peg645

join:2012-07-31
Cherry Valley, NY

[HN7000S] Resolving Turbo Page definitely my problem

Tried to respond, with thanks, to LucasLee for posting on the following thread, »[HN7000S] Strange connection issues. But guess the topic too old, so I'll say "thanks!" here.

The problems I've been having since January 1 seem resolved by applying this fix. In other words, they are directly related to the Turbo Page/web acceleration issues. No days and weeks worth of trying to bird dog the issues with Hughesnet has resolved anything.

After several years as a customer, yesterday I decided to disconnect. They are offering me the next month gratis while I changeover (in the hopes I'll decide to stay?). And as it says on the thread, guess the "alternate address" solution just an interim fix while their Turbo Page servers keep giving issues. But at least it had me back up today, after being slammed closed by 10:30 a.m.

If only Hughesnet had been smart enough to figure this out with me, or walk me through a temporary fix. I've lived in the Middle East, and frankly, their lack of service reminds me of those days, long ago, when no one ever meant what they said. But hey, that was just the culture, right? As it is becoming here, too, sadly.