uniqs
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to SoonerAl

Premium Member

to SoonerAl

Re: [WIN8] Screen saver photos, photo gallery?

That brings up the icons at the bottom and if I choose the icon "open location" then is shows me the shortcut for it on Startup menu where I think it won't stay unless I use it regularly. I right clicked on the shortcut and was given the option to pin it to the Start8 menu. That way it won't disappear if I don't use it for awhile.

I was also able to click on "Open File Location" from right click on the shortcut on Start8 menu. Now I see why I couldn't find it. Even with your screenshot, I still didn't realize it would not be listed as Photo Gallery in Program Files in Explorer. Now I see it is listed under "Windows Live" so when I was looking in Program Files, no wonder I didn't see it. I was looking for "Photo Gallery" or "Windows Essentials".

plencnerb
Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

plencnerb

Premium Member

said by Mele20:

I was also able to click on "Open File Location" from right click on the shortcut on Start8 menu. Now I see why I couldn't find it. Even with your screenshot, I still didn't realize it would not be listed as Photo Gallery in Program Files in Explorer. Now I see it is listed under "Windows Live" so when I was looking in Program Files, no wonder I didn't see it. I was looking for "Photo Gallery" or "Windows Essentials".

Correct. In my case, "Windows Essentials 2012" was installed to

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\"

The actual EXE name for "Photo Gallery" is "WLXPhotoGallery.exe" and is located at

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Photo Gallery"

By the way, not sure if this makes a difference or not, but in my testing of this in my previous post, I DID NOT click on either icon created (Photo Gallery or Movie Maker). I did so now (after my testing), and I get some kind of Service Agreement that I would have to "accept" before using the product. What's interesting is that the screen saver part appears to "work" even though I have yet to accept (or decline) the Service Agreement.

Again, not sure if that matters or not, but I did want to point that out.

--Brian