spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Poser
join:2002-07-28

Poser to kovy7

to kovy7

Re: FTTN 25/10 and 50/10 with Fibe TV + Unlimited Bandwidth

So if you live in an older house, you are SOL to get fibre to your home?

BliZZardX
Premium Member
join:2002-08-18
Toronto, ON

BliZZardX

Premium Member

I believe they are bringing FTTH to old houses around Quebec City and Montreal. I haven't seen or heard anything for the Toronto area.

coaxguy
join:2009-07-29

coaxguy to Poser

to Poser
said by Poser:

So if you live in an older house, you are SOL to get fibre to your home?

It has nothing to do with the age of the home, FTTH will eventually be everywhere. Its currently only being deployed in newer sub divisions, and high density areas of Quebec and Toronto.

mr_alvin
@iplink.net

mr_alvin to anon_bell

Anon

to anon_bell
I am getting 25x10 from bell for 32.47 with a 60G limit.
So $49 is no deal
Just call up Bell and bitch to them.
they will reduce the price.

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to anon_bell

MVM

to anon_bell
Bell website says I don't qualify for 50/10, but my line stats say I do (RCO of 43% at current ~27 meg sync)...

Poser
join:2002-07-28

Poser

The website is only a rough indicator. If you are really interested, call them and ask. They will have a better idea of what you can get.

Thanks for answering my question about FFTH coaxguy. If 50/50 ever comes to my neighbourhood I will wait to see what Teksavvy has to offer, and if they can't match it I'll be going to Bell.

BliZZardX
Premium Member
Toronto, ON
·Bell Fibe Internet

3 edits

BliZZardX to Guspaz

Premium Member

to Guspaz
I technically don't qualify for 10 upload anymore, because my stinger line card went bad over the summer and they either moved my wires or the card they switched to gives much lower sync. I can have it set at 10 but it drifts lower. This is on a less than 200 metre loop, but it depends on the line condition too. In general the stingers are very weak.

I'm being offered $82.95/month in the Bell Bundle for 50/10 175GB. $10 unlimited addon is not available because I just have Internet and Wireless. Their home phone is overpriced and I have a TV deal from Rogers that they can't beat.

IMO if you are light user 15/10 60GB on dryloop is still the best value for Bell DSL. If you need unlimited 25/10 dryloop from TSI is still the least expensive at $87/month.

There are new players entering the FTTH scene in Toronto that will poop on everything Bell and Rogers offer. If you are lucky enough to live around there.
deadtorights
join:2011-01-27

deadtorights

I got it added for FTTH 50/50 for 10$ more but I got 3 services!
kovy7
join:2009-03-26

kovy7 to BliZZardX

to BliZZardX
said by BliZZardX:

I technically don't qualify for 10 upload anymore, because my stinger line card went bad over the summer and they either moved my wires or the card they switched to gives much lower sync. I can have it set at 10 but it drifts lower. This is on a less than 200 metre loop, but it depends on the line condition too. In general the stingers are very weak.

I'm being offered $82.95/month in the Bell Bundle for 50/10 175GB. $10 unlimited addon is not available because I just have Internet and Wireless. Their home phone is overpriced and I have a TV deal from Rogers that they can't beat.

IMO if you are light user 15/10 60GB on dryloop is still the best value for Bell DSL. If you need unlimited 25/10 dryloop from TSI is still the least expensive at $87/month.

There are new players entering the FTTH scene in Toronto that will poop on everything Bell and Rogers offer. If you are lucky enough to live around there.

You can get the unlimited for 30$.

joeybee
Joey
Premium Member
join:2003-08-12
Hamilton, ON

joeybee to anon_bell

Premium Member

to anon_bell
Just called in a switched to the 50/10 package Speed so far went up to 25 how long should it take till it switches to 50?
kovy7

kovy7

Probably 24h.

joeybee
Joey
Premium Member
Hamilton, ON

joeybee

Premium Member

Thats so long
kovy7

kovy7

said by joeybee:

Thats so long

LOL, you're in a hurry or something.

joeybee
Joey
Premium Member
Hamilton, ON

joeybee

Premium Member

I'm a tad bit impatient :P
Pesterd
join:2013-01-22

Pesterd to anon_bell

to anon_bell
My speed with Rogers changes the second Rogers rep presses a button on their system. Surprised it takes minutes to hours in Bell's case.
DeViLzzz
join:2004-07-29
Sarnia, ON

DeViLzzz to anon_bell

to anon_bell
Well I just tried to inquire about getting tv, internet and phone in my area but no go as there was no wired internet available and even nearby all they offer is 5 Mbps speeds. I guess I am truly in cable internet/tv country now in the middle of Sarnia. Can other people share what they can get out in Bright's Grove (Sarnia) and other areas of Sarnia ? I checked for services for Elizabeth St. and Wellington near between Indian and Murphy and it isn't good.

joeybee
Joey
Premium Member
Hamilton, ON

joeybee to anon_bell

Premium Member

to anon_bell
Be careful when switching to the 50/10 plan with FibeTV. Turns out I can't have both. They switched me when I called in but it turned out it was not actually available as I found out when a bell employee on here tried to switch my profile.
kovy7

kovy7

said by joeybee:

Be careful when switching to the 50/10 plan with FibeTV. Turns out I can't have both. They switched me when I called in but it turned out it was not actually available as I found out when a bell employee on here tried to switch my profile.

You're probably on a OSLAM stinger... which highest profil is 55/11... so you'll lose some speed if you watch TV. But for people on 7330 Slam, they don't have problems.

joeybee
Joey
Premium Member
Hamilton, ON

joeybee

Premium Member

They ended up setting my profile overall to 45 so that I have 25 guaranteed for the internet even if I have 3 HD streams going. Just found it a bit annoying that they didn't know the 50 plan wasn't available when I called in.
kovy7

kovy7

said by joeybee:

They ended up setting my profile overall to 45 so that I have 25 guaranteed for the internet even if I have 3 HD streams going. Just found it a bit annoying that they didn't know the 50 plan wasn't available when I called in.

Well the 50/10 is available for internet... but adding TV to a 50/10 internet won't work for OSLAM. It will work only for 7330.

joeybee
Joey
Premium Member
Hamilton, ON

joeybee

Premium Member

I understand that but they should've seen I have TV too on my account when I called in.
Bellmtl
join:2006-11-01

Bellmtl

Yep agreed JoeyBee... shouldn't have been sold. Apologies again.

joeybee
Joey
Premium Member
Hamilton, ON

joeybee

Premium Member

said by Bellmtl:

Yep agreed JoeyBee... shouldn't have been sold. Apologies again.

Wasn't your fault at all. Thanks for fixing it all!
kovy7

kovy7 to joeybee

to joeybee
said by joeybee:

I understand that but they should've seen I have TV too on my account when I called in.

But if you would of been on a 7330 SLAM, it would of work.

They also sell 15/10 to people who can't even get VDSL2... The system doesn't always know these things... for some reason.

joeybee
Joey
Premium Member
Hamilton, ON

joeybee

Premium Member

said by kovy7:

said by joeybee:

They also sell 15/10 to people who can't even get VDSL2... The system doesn't always know these things... for some reason.

It should though.
kovy7

kovy7

said by joeybee:

said by kovy7:

said by joeybee:

It should though.

Oh yes it should, nobody is telling that it shouldn't. Maybe they will fix it, maybe they won't... probably won't.

I hope the Bell tech checked if there was a 7330 in your area. I know my JWI has a OSLAM and a 7330.

joeybee
Joey
Premium Member
Hamilton, ON

joeybee

Premium Member

Hmm I didn't know some areas could have both. How would I be able to find out if a 7330 is available?
cataplexy
join:2013-01-27
Quebec, QC

cataplexy to deadtorights

to deadtorights
said by deadtorights:

even for FTTH, they reduce upload to 10 now except for 175 Mbps

?! can anyone confirm this? Fiber-to-the-HOME is no longer 50/50 ?

BliZZardX
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

BliZZardX

Premium Member

Bellmtl said it's not true, they are keeping symmetrical speeds on fiber
cataplexy
join:2013-01-27
Quebec, QC

cataplexy to deadtorights

to deadtorights
said by deadtorights:

I am on FTTH. Do i apply for unlimted bandwidth or is only FTTN?

[att=1]

even for FTTH, they reduce upload to 10 now except for 175 Mbps

?! can anyone confirm this?