This is a sub-selection from I've got nothing to hide

DataRiker
Premium Member
join:2002-05-19

DataRiker to seamore

Premium Member

to seamore

Re: I've got nothing to hide

So please share all of your personal info right now, right here or you are obvious troll.

And before you give some objection please specify how Government workers are more trustworthy than random people on the Internet.

seamore
Premium Member
join:2009-11-02

seamore

Premium Member

said by DataRiker:

So please share all of your personal info right now, right here or you are obvious troll.

And before you give some objection please specify how Government workers are more trustworthy than random people on the Internet.

GTFO! Im not sharing personal info to people freely. That's not what this is about. How did this thread turn from the government "snooping" on people to citizens freely offering their private info to the public?

Fucking ridiculous.

I understand, you and many others dont like government when a "D" is in charge. Howver, it's all mums when the "R" is. The government will ALWAYS do shit that you dont like. At times, there's stuff they do that i dont like. However, bitching and moaning on the internet will not and never change how the gov. functions.

And im not trolling. I honestly dont care if the gov snoops me. Really, i dont. If the gov. wants to know that i sell watches online or that i run a girlie website, I DONT CARE. If they want to see if im engaging in "bitch and moan" threads like this one, I DONT CARE.
If they want to see if im purchasing drugs online that contain the legal, but regulated Pseudoephedrine or Ephedrine, I DONT CARE.

Honestly, why do you care so much that " I dont care"?

DataRiker
Premium Member

1 edit

DataRiker

Premium Member

said by seamore:

Im not sharing personal info to people freely.

I win.

Also, just an obvious correction on your point, it is not politicians we are concerned about snooping into our personal data, it is some random federal employee who may or may not be on the up and up.

seamore
Premium Member

seamore

Premium Member

said by DataRiker:

said by seamore:

Im not sharing personal info to people freely.

I win.

Also, just an obvious correction on your point, it is not politicians we are concerned about snooping into our personal data, it is some random federal employee who may or may not be on the up and up.

You didnt win anything. This is about those being bothered by government snooping.

dont be an id

You have your opinion that you dont like the gov. snooping and i have my opinion about gov. snooping.
We obviously dont agree.

paranoia is abundant when the D is in the house.

DataRiker
Premium Member

2 edits

DataRiker

Premium Member

Perhaps if you didn't have blatantly contradictory points ( Namely, not sharing personal info freely, yet being ok with warrant-less spying ) we could take you seriously.

And your incessant suggestion of political party reasons are equally nausea inducing. ( wanting privacy is now a political party position? )

In short, you don't have a position at all, since essentially you are taking both sides.

I mean your argument is that spying is not ok for a Walmart employee but ok for a Postal employee, yet the postal employee has the potential to do much more harm than the Walmart employee. ( Assuming your mail is more sensitive than your grocery list)

Extremely illogical.

seamore
Premium Member

seamore

Premium Member

said by DataRiker:

Perhaps if you didn't have blatantly contradictory points ( Namely, not sharing personal info freely, yet being ok with warrant-less spying ) we could take you seriously.

And your incessant suggestion of political party reasons are equally nausea inducing. ( wanting privacy is now a political party position? )

In short, you don't have a position at all, since essentially you are taking both sides.

I mean your argument is that spying is not ok for a Walmart employee but ok for a Postal employee, yet the postal employee has the potential to do much more harm than the Walmart employee. ( Assuming your mail is more sensitive than your grocery list)

Extremely illogical.

Bullshit!

Me electing to give you my SS number IS not the same as the government snooping on me for criminal actions. This would be the ONLY reason the government would snoop you.

Walmart has no reason to spy on me. However, they may find financial gain if they track my buying habits and sell that info to a 3rd party. That im against.
The government, or as you say, a federal employee, only reason to look/snoop is to look for any thing breaking the law. They are not trying to make money by spying on me.

christ, it's like talking to a 1st grader.

DataRiker
Premium Member

1 edit

DataRiker

Premium Member

said by seamore:

They are not trying to make money by spying on me.

So you judge people's criminal potential on the basis of whether or not they work for the government.

I worked for the government for two years and found the people I worked for way less trustworthy than my time in the private sector.

So I am really curious behind the logic of this one.

seamore
Premium Member

seamore

Premium Member

said by DataRiker:

said by seamore:

They are not trying to make money by spying on me.

So you judge people's criminal potential on the basis of whether or not they work for the government.

No, absolutely not. However, i do find private corporations more unethical than the government.

DataRiker
Premium Member

2 edits

DataRiker

Premium Member

said by seamore:

No, absolutely not. However, i do find private corporations more unethical than the government.

So to sum up you don't mind spying by a person hired through the usajobs.gov website, but you are absolutely against a person hired say by Sony Inc.

( Never mind the fact that many people in government came directly from some corporation )

seamore
Premium Member

seamore

Premium Member

said by DataRiker:

said by seamore:

So to sum up you don't mind spying by a person hired through the usajobs.gov website, but you are absolutely against a person hired say by Sony Inc.

( Never mind the fact that many people in government came directly from some corporation )

Abso-fucking-lutely!

remember:
Gov. spies for criminal activity
corps spy for monetary gain.

There's a huge difference here that we're talking about.

DataRiker
Premium Member

4 edits

DataRiker

Premium Member

Maybe if you live in Hollywood.

Perhaps somebody needs a refresher on the US defense industry.
« Accuracy?N/A for me »
This is a sub-selection from I've got nothing to hide