how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

hm

@videotron.ca
reply to bryanviper

Re: Weird York Furnace Issue & Bad Service

The replacement parts themselves for a furnace (when replaced) come with their own standard 1 year warranty normally. So regardless of the maintenance and regardless of the entire warranty issue, the part should be covered at now cost. Labour on the other hand...

Seems to me you may want to contact whatever consumer union works in Ontario and see what they have to say about it. I mean since this is showing a lemon history for this particular component for whatever reason, you may want to head over to small claims since the furnace professional you bought it from blew you off. And I think I would want to do this within the 2 month time frame of your furnace's general warranty.

Big ticket items like this normally come with their own consumer clauses (depending on prov), similar to "Gone's" Whirlpool washer incident.

How many times will you replace this thing? Every year?

Also, you may want to discuss this issue with a different professional, see what he says, and try to work under warranty or use this to go against the other professional.

Also, I would call York themselves. If these are York parts failing time after time, it should be free.

bryanviper

join:2002-10-12
Toronto, CAN
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
Yes I may have to call York since I have not gotten an email reply from them yet (only been 2 buisness days) I dont think they have a Canadian location as I cant find any Canadian contact info on their website.

Thanks
--
»www.MaximumRepair.ca
Computer Repair/Upgrades In Toronto.

hm

@videotron.ca
said by bryanviper:

Yes I may have to call York since I have not gotten an email reply from them yet (only been 2 buisness days) I dont think they have a Canadian location as I cant find any Canadian contact info on their website.

Thanks

Yeah do call. Call them tomorrow even.

I would say it like it is. If ever you leave for a week for a winter vacation (and if ever you did since you bought this thing) you could come home to a very big disaster of burst pies and tens of thousands in damage. And really, that is what would happen. All because of a professional always replacing the same apparent defective part.

Time for them to address the issue.

Any blow-off and you will seriously have to consider small claims. Hate to say it.

But yeah, post in that other forum as well. People there could tell you the failure components with that code and if it could be something else. At least this will arm you for your call to them.

hm

@videotron.ca
reply to bryanviper
Seems to me you have a 10-year warranty on parts.

From their site:
»www.york.com/residential/why-buy···ies.aspx
All Air Handlers Warranties:
10-year parts
All York® products come with a written limited warranty on parts. This warranty states that a replacement part will be furnished for any part of the product that fails in normal use and service during the applicable warranty period specified in accordance with the warranty's terms. Your authorized York® Dealer can review with you the warranty periods for the products you select.

In addition to this, you have a failure rate that exceeds normal use and normal wear. Thus they should be covering labour, or someone should be generating a refund cheque for you.

Your new furnace certainly isn't giving you peace of mind, eh? Say it just like that to York when you call them. Don't be shy to escalate this up the chain.

Also, as seen at the bottom of the webpage, their site is geared for all North America (references Quebec). Guess Canada just has "approved dealers" and nothing more?

They should be sending someone out for you as a quality call or on warranty for no charge to fix what your paid professional could not.