spc
Search similar:

uniqs
royhandy
join:2012-11-05
USA

royhandy

2003 Chevy Malibu coolant hose part number

I need help finding a part number for a coolant hose. The hose runs from the engine to a black plastic part on the drivers side of the firewall. I believe this hose is part of the heating system. Looking at the windshield from the front of the car, this hose connects to the right side of the black plastic piece. A different hose, of the same type of material, connects to the left side of the black plastic part.

mattmag

join:2000-04-09
NW Illinois

mattmag

A picture or two would be most helpful to be clear what you are referring to.

Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium Member
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC

Juggernaut

Premium Member

Sounds like a heater core hose, Matt. But yea, pics are very helpful.
royhandy
USA

royhandy to mattmag

to mattmag
I wanted to take one last night but my wife is out of town with the camera. I'll try to get one when I get home tonight.

There are two black rubber hoses that connect (within a couple of inches of each other) to a black plastic plate on the firewall. I'm pretty sure they are for the heater core. It's definitely bright green coolant sparying out of a cut caused by the hose clamp.
royhandy

royhandy

In the accepted answer at »www.justanswer.com/chevy ··· ibu.html , there are two pictures. The top picture appears to be what I attempted to describe. I need the part number for the right hose in that image.

Also, should I replace the clamps?

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

cdru

MVM

said by royhandy:

In the accepted answer at »www.justanswer.com/chevy ··· ibu.html , there are two pictures. The top picture appears to be what I attempted to describe. I need the part number for the right hose in that image.

Also, should I replace the clamps?

Unless it's custom molded for significant angles, just replace it with the same diameter length of bulk host available at any parts store. It'll be cheaper then the OEM hose and do the same job.

You can replace the clamps if you want. I personally find the worm drive clamps easier to work with in tight spaces but if you have access, spring clamps work just as well.

mattmag

NW Illinois

1 recommendation

mattmag to royhandy

to royhandy

I can't tell you for sure which is correct without seeing where they go, but by length you should be able to determine the proper hose.

Choice 1 is GM Part# 88907377 and it is about 13" in length.

Choice 2 is GM Part# 88907378 and it is about 17" long.

I strongly recommend not using the bulk hose in this application, as it has to make some sharp turns to avoid other components, and molded hoses as manufactured are the best choice in this case.

I have no issue reusing the spring clamps.
royhandy
USA

royhandy

Is the hose that connects to the right side of the top picture choice #2?

mattmag

NW Illinois

1 recommendation

mattmag

I can't tell by that picture, unfortunately. That is why I would double-check by length. You should be able to visually see the difference I would think.
royhandy
USA

2 edits

royhandy

Yeah, you're right. Thanks for the help! I appreciate it!

I'm pretty sure it's 88907377. I found a picture of it at rockauto.

Cho Baka
MVM
join:2000-11-23
there

Cho Baka to royhandy

MVM

to royhandy
I'll second the spring clamps. I have reused thousands without issue.
royhandy
USA

royhandy

That was the correct part number although Advanced Auto Parts had to look it up by the AC Delco # which was 16135M.

Local guy took care of the replacement for me since I couldn't get in to unclamp it. Everything is working fine.

Thanks to everyone who replied!