Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Some1 SaveMe

Premium Member

to Some1 SaveMe

Re: How to take down a network

Ya switching loops are crap

Where I work one dept was given permission to use a AP (because the powers that be haven't gotten around to adding any AP's yet.) well it had worked fine but suddenly one day it caused a intermitant l2 loop.

so the end user vlan was maxed but the otehrs were ok, so it seemed like a issue with the router, I know cisco but won't though the juniper crap we have.

well the end result was some settign on the AP got changed and caused the whole mess, still no idea what setting on an ap could make it a l2 loop with only one link to the switch.

Later I configured a diff AP and it hasn't given any problems since, still waiting on the cisco AP's we were told were coming down the line.

BTW in my case pings were going through with crazy high responce times on the client vlan, and timing out for any intervlan traffic. And server to server was normal, but anything to the router was crap.

Seems the powers that be don't want STP (or rather don't know WTF it is.
(we have 3x juniper 4200ex switches but a POS juniper firewall SRX is dooing the intervlan routing.)
Moffetts
join:2005-05-09
San Mateo, CA

Moffetts

said by DarkLogix:

(we have 3x juniper 4200ex switches but a POS juniper firewall SRX is dooing the intervlan routing.)

Hopefully that doesn't impact your inter-vlan traffic throughput too much.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by Moffetts:

said by DarkLogix:

Hopefully that doesn't impact your inter-vlan traffic throughput too much.

It does but powers that be don't care.

We have a home drive for every office user and it's synced so they have an offline copy, the syncing app often considers the LAN to be to slow to sync.