how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

rabeatz

join:2012-11-26
Winter Springs, FL

[CFL] Brighthouse Home Security

Anyone here using it? Do they have monitoring solutions for when you don't have a landline or voip line? My roommates moved out so the house is empty when I'm at work, there's a brinks system wired in so there are already sensors, I would just need to have the keypad and control panel replaced. Anyone know what kind of install fees there would be?

I'm kind of shopping around Alarm services and Brighthouse is one I'm considering.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:148

I have it...

Landline or voip is not required. You will need broadband connectivity which is included with the service and includes cellular backup at no additional charge. We can wire into existing panels but what you really need to do is call. I can't quote you pricing there and a full evaluation of your needs should be done by those who handle that product.

rabeatz

Winter Springs, FL

I filled out the form on the website for someone to contact me. It's a brinks panel and i know they lock everything down, so the panel itself would need to be replaced.. just the existing sensors would still be usable.

tim tim tim

join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL
kudos:2

If its a compatible board its possible to just take it over. Otherwise a swap out isnt too bad and as you said, they will re-use the existing sensors.

Its a pretty nice system, I like how customizable it is and how much info it gives you (its also simple to use).

I like that I can control it all from my phone - for instance, we went to Disney last week and had a friend take care of our dog (requested that he be let out in the morning and at night since we would be gone for 2 days). I made a temporary limited access code so they could arm and disarm the system. I also was able to see the exact minute they opened the door to the house and the exact minute they left.
I guess we have different ideas of "morning" as showing up at 2pm for the first visit is kind of "afternoon" to me. Also funny when they text and say "hey, sorry forgot to text but we left the house a while ago and the dog is good" and I take a look and see that they are still at the house and had just gotten there a few minutes prior. lol

rabeatz

Winter Springs, FL

I wanted to leave it unmonitored and just have personal PC/Android access, but I've seen that really that isn't possible without some sort of paid monitoring plan, unless you use ADB2USB but even that isn't a full solution. So if I'm going to pay I might as well do the full thing.

I'm fully prepared to replace the panel if needed, I doubt the panel I have is compatible - Brinks BHS2000 that was already in the house and I don't have any of the codes (nor is the master code written down).

Two of my zones (front door and back door) are listed as open when I powered on the system, both those doors have been replaced so a magnet probably needs to be replaced to get those functioning. If anything, the wiring is there.

I'll probably call this weekend or next week for more info. Thanks for the info on some of the features.

tim tim tim

join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL
kudos:2

with the zones that show open, try hitting the sensor with the back of a screw driver or something..