Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok

Re: Firefall public beta weekend

I got it figured out. The damn game needed to be patched.

The game patch option only came up when I ran the launcher, not the client application

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

SMH.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

lol. I know, me too.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

So has anyone else been playing this still? I played quite a bit this weekend and really enjoyed it. In fact I enjoyed it so much I ponied up for the founder's club. I have some screenies I'll post later tonight (if I remember). I'm still figuring it out but love the gameplay and upgrade trees.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

I have been. I'm about halfway to Tier 3 on my sniper.

VioletVenom
Lets go Gators
Premium Member
join:2002-01-02
Gainesville, FL

VioletVenom to TheBionic

Premium Member

to TheBionic
Still playing as well.

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

I have been. I'm about halfway to Tier 3 on my sniper.

Sweet! I have seen reports in chat that they will not be wiping the beta characters on launch. If so that's a hell of a head start. I'm enjoying the dreadnaught so far although I've barely started progressing.

VioletVenom See Profile, how often do they hand out those beta keys like the one you gave me?

VioletVenom
Lets go Gators
Premium Member
Gainesville, FL

VioletVenom

Premium Member

What I've seen in their forums is that they won't be wiping exp. Makes no mention of resources. I would hope anything bought with red beans would be immune to any wipe.

I'm not sure if they give out more invites to founders or not. I've still got a couple left if you were wanting to hand some out.

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

PM sent. Thanks yo!

So is questing disabled after the Trans Hub missions? You guys just thumping like bosses to gain xp? I think it is, I'm just making sure I'm not part of a beta bug here, Google seems somewhat contradictory on this point.

VioletVenom
Lets go Gators
Premium Member
Gainesville, FL

1 edit

VioletVenom

Premium Member

Questing is quite limited. I got to a point after Trans Hub where it sends you to Sin Towers. It appears broken to me as there is no object to interact with at the quest coordinate. There is actually a lot to do if one stops thinking of the game linearly and more sand box like.

I explored the world for a while, seeing what areas/heights I could get to. Raced from Copa to Sunken Harbor countless times, trying to better my time. Searched for uber thumper sites, my timing always seems bad though. Have yet to find the fat motherload. Chosen tower farming for exp. Never cap the tower, just let the chosen keep respawning and keel'dem. Wash, rinse, repeat. Lately I've been farming in what's been coined exp valley. Sunken Harbor 2 tower area. Last night we had 4 advanced towers going, talk about monster spawn! It was like Dune, " Usul, we have wormsign the likes of which even God has never seen."

I personally quit playing WOW quite a few years ago. I know what you speak of though. I've become very picky with my gaming. Partly maybe because I don't have as much time to devote to it now days. Most games I don't even bother finishing.

While I do consider firefall an MMO, it doesn't fall into the same button mashing genre of WOW for me. I think ff has a lot of potential and hope the games surpasses that.

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

It just needs more players to fill it up. Once they get more quests in and get the servers full I can see the game becoming much more lively.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

The little area they have open for beta is likely to be a fraction of the continent they have in store.

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

said by Krisnatharok:

The little area they have open for beta is likely to be a fraction of the continent they have in store.

That's great news. I think you can get a pretty good feel for a game like 5-10 minutes in. The gameplay is feel of Firefall feels spot on.