Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

4 edits

Davesnothere to StillLearn

Premium Member

to StillLearn

Re: [Anveo] Can you port a number to an Anveo "free" a

Anveo's website is somewhat confusing, as per page titles, etc.

The screenshot which Arne posted came from THIS page :

»www.anveo.com/consumer/m ··· bers.asp

First, you look at my link for the base plan, and after that, look at yours for whether or not you want/need to subscribe to additional/more-included/less-costly-per-use features.

Even the FREE plan has a lot of stuff built-in - look near the top of 'your' page.

I am on the $2 plan from my page, and then 'added' the (default if you do not chooses higher) FREE subscription plan from your page.

All I pay extra is my 911 service (80 cents per month), my CNAM (name) lookup (.9 cents per incoming call) and my outgoing calls at half a cent per minute within Canada (USA calls cost more).

I also successfully ported in a number to my above plan.

Arne will explain to you that HE is on higher plans in both categories, but his needs are different.

Arne Bolen
User of Anveo Direct, 3CX and Qubes OS.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-21
Utopia

Arne Bolen

Premium Member

said by Davesnothere:

Arne will explain to you that HE is on higher plans in both categories

Actually I am not.

My Anveo account is on a Business Subscription Package, but all my phone numbers are on the Value Rate Plan.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by Arne Bolen:

....My Anveo account is on a Business Subscription Package, but all my phone numbers are on the Value Rate Plan.

So you only chose the Biz subscription plan because of its stuff, not necessarily that you have a business.

(although I checked and see that the Value Rate plan DOES qualify for business usage)

Arne Bolen
Premium Member
Utopia

Arne Bolen

Premium Member

said by Davesnothere:

(although I checked and see that the Value Rate plan DOES qualify for business usage)

With my Business Subscription Package I have 150 free platform minutes per day and that usually covers the incoming minutes on all my phone numbers.

JoseBautista
@telus.net

JoseBautista

Anon

Is it possible to port in from a prepaid provider? I am on Speakout Wireless in Canada (7-11), and don't have a real bill or account number...I noticed their porting in form seems to need all that info?!
....I've been trying to decide between voip.ms and Anveo and it seems Voip.ms call quality and reliability may be lower than Anveo..

Thanks!

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
Canada

Davesnothere to Arne Bolen

Premium Member

to Arne Bolen
said by Arne Bolen:

With my Business Subscription Package I have 150 free platform minutes per day, and that usually covers the incoming minutes on all my phone numbers.

Is that 150 minutes for EACH phone number (DID) of an account, or is it 150m for all of the phone numbers of an account combined ?

Arne Bolen
Premium Member
Utopia

Arne Bolen

Premium Member

said by Davesnothere:

Is that 150 minutes for EACH phone number (DID) of an account, or is it 150m for all of the phone numbers of an account combined ?

Platform minutes are used for:
• Incoming calls to phone numbers on the Value Rate Plan
• Incoming calls to Inbound SIP Trunks
• Call Flows for Outbound Calls

The number of free platform minutes for the account depends on the subscription package:
• Free subscription package - 40 minutes each day
• Starter subscription package - 60 minutes each day
• Professional subscription package - 120 minutes each day
• Business subscription package - 150 minutes each day

Usage over the free allowance is charged at $0.015 per minute.
Arne Bolen

Arne Bolen to JoseBautista

Premium Member

to JoseBautista
said by JoseBautista :

Is it possible to port in from a prepaid provider?

That should be possible. But first you need to register with your prepaid provider. Otherwise there is no way for the new provider to be sure it's your phone number.

Imagine what chaos it would be if people could port a phone number without any customer records.