User of Anveo Direct, 3CX and Qubes OS.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-21
Utopia

Arne Bolen to StillLearn

Premium Member

to StillLearn

Re: [Anveo] Can you port a number to an Anveo "free" a

Rate Plans are for Telephone Numbers. You have a choice of four different Rate Plans, and the Personal Unlimited Rate Plan is the best choice for most residential customers.

Subscription Packages are for your Anveo account, not for your phone number. There are four different Subscription Packages:
• FREE, 0$/month
• STARTER, $6.55/month
• PROFESSIONAL, $22.55/month
• BUSINESS, $40.55

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by Arne Bolen:

Rate Plans are for Telephone Numbers. You have a choice of four different Rate Plans, and the Personal Unlimited Rate Plan is the best choice for most residential customers.

Subscription Packages are for your Anveo account, not for your phone number. There are four different Subscription Packages....

That's a better way of explaining it than the Anveo website does.

So a person could have several phone numbers (at the $2 Rate Plan, for example), and only have to pay once for the Subscription Plan they choose ?

Arne Bolen
User of Anveo Direct, 3CX and Qubes OS.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-21
Utopia

Arne Bolen

Premium Member

said by Davesnothere:

So a person could have several phone numbers (at the $2 Rate Plan, for example), and only have to pay once for the Subscription Plan they choose ?

Anveo is a communication platform for Voice and Data Integration services. You subscribe to a Subscription Package depending on what you like to use on this innovative communication platform. Most residential users don't need more than the basic Free Subscription Package, but for business users the Business Subscription Package is of course the best choice.

StillLearn
Premium Member
join:2002-03-21
Streamwood, IL

1 edit

StillLearn to Arne Bolen

Premium Member

to Arne Bolen
I am feeling a bit dense. I am understanding a lot more, but I realize there is a lot more to understand. I have some more questions. I am looking to only have one number at this time.

1. What is the difference between a floating channel and a dedicated channel? I see »www.anveo.com/faq.asp?co ··· _channel but I don't see how I would notice a difference.

2. Why would I need 2 or more channels? Are two channels needed for conferencing or forwarding?

3. Does somebody know of a web page or thread with examples of "IVR Call Flow" setups that got by with 10 or fewer items?

4. Even the Free subscription package has 2 "Users/SIP Accounts included". Why would I need 2 or more of those?

5. Starter shows "Incoming SMS/Texting rate " of $0.01 and Yes for "SMS from user portal". So if somebody sent a text message to my phone number, what would happen? Is permitting incoming text messages to my number mandatory?

6. »www.anveo.com/consumer/m ··· bers.asp says "There is no setup fee when you buy a phone number on 'Personal Unlimited' or 'Office Unlimited' rate plan! " I think this means that if I got a new number assigned by Anveo and signed up for 'Personal Unlimited' there would be no number fee. If I port an existing number to 'Value' or 'Personal Unlimited' there is a one-time $15 fee.

7. »www.anveo.com/faq.asp?co ··· d_portin says "A phone number ported to Anveo in USA, Canada or UK it be SMS enabled and thus capable of receiving SMS/Text Messages." What are they trying to say there? This may relate to my question #5.

If you know the answer to one or more of these questions, or if you think I missed something, please post. Thanks, and thanks for the great information on the previous posts.
Stewart
join:2005-07-13

Stewart

A floating channel can be used when needed for an incoming call on any number, if you have more than one with Anveo, or if you send calls from other providers to Anveo (via SIP URI).

You don't need two channels to forward (the outbound leg does not use a channel), but you need a channel for an inbound call, call waiting, or voicemail. For example, if your wife is on an incoming call and a second call comes in, which you answer (on another phone), that takes two channels. If you then want to be able to answer a third caller (call waiting) or allow him to leave a voicemail, you would need three channels.

Any simple home setup would use fewer than 10 items. There are several examples on the Anveo site.

On Anveo, you need a separate SIP account for each "registration". For example, if you have two standalone IP phones, each would need its own account. If you set up an ATA such as a PAP2T to allow two concurrent calls, you would need two accounts. Some systems such as the OBi202, Gigaset IP DECT, etc., can handle multiple calls with one account.

I'm not certain, but if you don't process an incoming SMS, I believe there is no charge.

Setup and porting fees are separate. If you get a Value number, there is a setup fee, whether you port or not. If you get an Unlimited number and pay for one year up front, the porting fee is waived.

A US/CA/UK number ported to Anveo can receive SMS, even if the previous carrier did not support it.
ateo_duran
join:2011-05-07
Cedar Park, TX

ateo_duran to Arne Bolen

to Arne Bolen
And possible additional charges

We can open only 4 free tickets. After that we are charged $5 per ticket.

Allocation of support tickets depends on your Anveo subscription plan as following:
Free Plan: 4 Free Tickets per account.
Starter Plan: 3 Free Tickets per month, 1 Regular Tickets per month, 0 Prime Tickets per month.
Professional Plan: 4 Free Tickets per month, 2 Regular Tickets per month, 1 Prime Tickets per month.
Business Plan: 5 Free Tickets per month, 3 Regular Tickets per month, 1 Prime Tickets per month.

I think it is rare to have problems with Anveo but if we had we need to be aware of the charges.
grand total
join:2005-10-26
Mississauga
·Fido
MikroTik RB750Gr3
MikroTik wAP AC
Panasonic KX-TGP500

grand total to Stewart

to Stewart
said by Stewart:

On Anveo, you need a separate SIP account for each "registration".

I'm not certain, but if you don't process an incoming SMS, I believe there is no charge.

You do need a separate account for each registration, but even the 'free' package allows a linked sub-account which can share funds and supports a second registration.

As far as not processing SMS resulting in no charge, it's possible, but Anveo does not usually miss an opportunity to make a charge (even if it's small). I suspect that if Anveo receives an SMS message on your account's behalf they will charge.

jeremiah
@telus.net

jeremiah

Anon

Thinking of porting my Canada cell to Anveo..wondering if I should do their "FREE" porting with 1yr personal unlimited OR just pay the $14 porting then do $1/month free plan? still works out to around the same for 1 yr...$24 vs 26...I will be forwarding to USA cell phone...any advantages of one over the other?? usage will be minimal...just want to keep the number alive really and be able to receive the odd calls
grand total
join:2005-10-26
Mississauga

grand total

If you will use less than 40 minutes per day go with the $1 per month value rate plan. Minutes over 40 per day will be charged at 1.5 cents per minute.