Premium
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to Jopon

Re: [BC] Horrendous YouTube performance

Shaw doesn't throttle downstream connections, none, no where.

It is even in their terms of service, and Shaw isn't stupid enough to violate their own terms when they have enough lawyers for customers.
--
Yes, I am not employed and looking for IT work. Have passport, will travel.

Jopono

@shawcable.net

That's just fucking bullshit. Their terms of service is a pile of lies and trash. I get throttled every time i try to leave p2p on for more than 10 hours, to the point where i can't even use the internet. I have seen it happen so many times. When i watch too much netflix they also throttle me so i can't get any decent kind of quality. $200 a month for internet that performs worse than @home did in 98. Go go capitalistic monopoles go.

ravenchilde

join:2011-04-01
kudos:2

said by Jopono :

That's just fucking bullshit. Their terms of service is a pile of lies and trash.

This, unfortunately for our excited friend, is not accurate. Shaw doesn't throttle downloads.

rustydusty

join:2009-09-29
Red Deer, AB
reply to Jopono

said by Jopono :

That's just fucking bullshit. Their terms of service is a pile of lies and trash. I get throttled every time i try to leave p2p on for more than 10 hours, to the point where i can't even use the internet. I have seen it happen so many times. When i watch too much netflix they also throttle me so i can't get any decent kind of quality. $200 a month for internet that performs worse than @home did in 98. Go go capitalistic monopoles go.

Feel free to switch to Telus, by all means.

ravenchilde

join:2011-04-01
kudos:2

In his defence: He clearly loves the internet and wants it to be speedy. I encourage that.