join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to SoEasy

Re: [BC] Phase 2 and DNU.

No, that isn't accurate either...

250 mbps is available in Strathmore, but DNU hasn't happened there yet either (or hadn't happened yet when I was there but 250 was available).

Easist way to tell, is if you have full cable (tiers 1, 2, or 3) connect a TV to analog cable, and see if you can get the tiers channels. If you don't have Tiers 1, 2, or 3 you shouldn't be able to see the channels in analog either though.
--
Yes, I am not employed and looking for IT work. Have passport, will travel.

ravenchilde

join:2011-04-01
kudos:2

said by kevinds:

Easist way to tell, is if you have full cable (tiers 1, 2, or 3) connect a TV to analog cable, and see if you can get the tiers channels. If you don't have Tiers 1, 2, or 3 you shouldn't be able to see the channels in analog either though.

This isn't quite right as there are a lot of steps to DNU. First the analogue Tier 1,2,3 channels have to be removed (they are already being sent in digital as well). Then if the CMTS equipment is ready, within a short period of time some of the channels can be re-purposed for additional internet tiers.

kevinds
Premium
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB
kudos:3

And remove most/all of the tier filters from non-full cable customers, this is a pretty important one...
--
Yes, I am not employed and looking for IT work. Have passport, will travel.