I wanted to report back that I discovered that SELINUX was set to targeted and was causing issues. I knew Samba wasn't so complex and that's why I couldn't see anything in the logs. I shut that off (I don't need it for this server) and everything works just fine.
Thanks for the help. -- A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK
I wanted to report back that I discovered that SELINUX was set to targeted and was causing issues.
Drat. I was going to suggest that, but I was waiting to see how it went with the other troubleshooting suggested. Next time I'll suggest sooner!
If you get interested in re-enabling SELINUX, the common booleans needed are listed in the the top of /etc/samba/smb.conf -- Verizon FiOS subscriber since 2005 | Mac owner since 1990 | Fedora user since 2006 | CentOS user since 2007 | "Anyone who is unwilling to learn is entitled to absolutely nothing." - graysonf | EDIT: I seldom post without an edit.