how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

djk
Premium
join:2000-11-05
Grapevine, TX

[speed/latency] New service, seems slow though.

Just got new service and it seems slow to me. Started off with slow service and updated it because it just seemed way to slow. We went up to the 3Mbps plan. Now on the router page it says
Connection Type:
DSL/Ethernet
1.8 Mbps Downstream
0.4 Mbps Upstream

Is that right? Isn't that about half what it should be? Originally it was 0.9 Downstream and .2 Upstream but everything took so long to open and it still seems slow to me now. I know not to expect Fios speeds (what I had before moving) but was hoping for a little better than this.

Demonfang

join:2011-04-21
Spring Mills, PA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·DSL EXTREME

sorry to hear you're having issues with your service. could you post up transceiver statistics from the modem? it will help in determining what/where the issue is. if you don't know how to get to them, post up the make and model of modem, and i can tell you.

djk
Premium
join:2000-11-05
Grapevine, TX

Not sure how to get those, I have a D'Link DSL-2750b modem.

Demonfang

join:2011-04-21
Spring Mills, PA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·DSL EXTREME

2 edits

Edit: pre-note: i will state that the following information is entirely from my knowledge, and is what i know. if one of the people more experienced than me has additional info, feel free to chime in.

oh great, the one modem that verizon sends out that doesn't actually have access to that info. i hate saying this, because it's not really the easiest option, but call verizon up and tell them to send you an actiontec gt784wnv modem, which does post this info, and is likely to be superior to d-link stuff. if regular department refuses, or sends you for a loop, call 1-866-376-3216, enter 0, and wait.

another thing you could try along the way, when you reach someone in the department that number goes to, ask them to look at your line, maybe they can find something.