All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
turtle8
join:2013-01-25

turtle8

[Extreme] Really slow speed

I'm currently using Rogers Extreme and experiencing extremely slow speed during 5PM - Midnight every day. Sadly thats the only time frame that i'm able to sit down and enjoying some video games and stuff. I've gave up playing diablo because the lag is too crazy...then I've tried to play some PS3 but the lag is even worse. Sometime the speed is too slow that I can't even login my PS3 network and got time out. Had called CS and they recommend me to exchange the modem. I've changed from SMC to a Cisco one and it doesn't help at all....i'm living in markham area in ontario. Just wondering if thats a problem for my area or is it the way rogers is...if yes, then i really have to consider joining bell again for the DSL service...

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

You likely have node congestion, the only way this will be fixed would be for Rogers to get enough complaints about slow peak speeds from people on the same node as you.

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

elitefx

Rogers just cranked their already outrageous rates to Twilight Zone all time heights. When we're paying Extreme $64.99 + tax + modem + MORE tax we expect GOLD PLATED FLAWLESS NO EXCUSES INTERNET.

The days of Rogers lame brain reps idiotic "swap the modem" BS are history.

We demand 24/7 INTERNET PERFECTION when we're forced to pay Rogers ATROCIOUS 2013 Internet rates.
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt

said by elitefx:

We demand 24/7 INTERNET PERFECTION when we're forced to pay Rogers ATROCIOUS 2013 Internet rates.

Then expect to pay many times more. While Rogers rates are in no way good for residential service, they're also nowhere near the rates you'd pay for an even reasonably priced dedicated pipe.

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

elitefx

Yup. Just posting for the benefit of the Rogers Media Team Trolls. Just reminding those bottom feeders how thousands of us feel about their latest rate hikes.

Keeping the issue front and center and in their face.
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983

Premium Member

When was the last time one posted though...
JohnPaul40
join:2011-04-18
North York, ON

JohnPaul40 to turtle8

to turtle8
I'm also in Markham and just measured 3.43 Mbps !!! (using Rogers' speedcheck). Anyone else?
Weiser68
join:2010-10-17
York, ON

Weiser68 to turtle8

to turtle8
On Extreme here too in the Bathurst & St. Clair W area

I would switch to Bell Fibe in a heart beat, too bad it isn't offered in my building.
Viper359
Premium Member
join:2006-09-17
Scarborough, ON

Viper359

Premium Member

I guess I cannot complain, since I am on the 75/2......

frogers
@rogers.com

frogers to turtle8

Anon

to turtle8
And here's me on my 75/2

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS

Guess it's good thing I've delayed my move to Toronto, I don't experience any of the congestion or video streaming problems that many in Toronto, KW and Ottawa (seems they have it worse) are experiencing.

Guess Rogers really dropped the ball in predicting capacity with the new speed tiers. The TekSavvy forum is littered with posts about slow speeds and issues with YouTube, most in Toronto areas, North York, Markham, Richmond Hill. Read some posts in a Start thread too about issues with speed during prime time in the evening.
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983

Premium Member

said by TypeS:

Guess it's good thing I've delayed my move to Toronto, I don't experience any of the congestion or video streaming problems that many in Toronto, KW and Ottawa (seems they have it worse) are experiencing.

Guess Rogers really dropped the ball in predicting capacity with the new speed tiers. The TekSavvy forum is littered with posts about slow speeds and issues with YouTube, most in Toronto areas, North York, Markham, Richmond Hill. Read some posts in a Start thread too about issues with speed during prime time in the evening.

The Youtube issue with Teksavvy is due to insufficient backhaul, which'll be fixed in the next 1-3 weeks. Its why some people are absolutely fine, and some have problems. The congestion rotates POIs every day or so.
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr to frogers

to frogers
How is speedtest.net reporting a 6.45mbps result as better than 99% of Canada but the 159.98mbps result is only faster than 86% of Canada?
Viper359
Premium Member
join:2006-09-17
Scarborough, ON

Viper359

Premium Member

I was thinking the same thing!

jtl999
join:2012-11-24
canada

jtl999 to yyzlhr

to yyzlhr
Cached images. The cached ones were created during a time period where it would glitch.

Buckwheat
@eastlink.ca

Buckwheat to turtle8

Anon

to turtle8
Hoe many of these slow speed complaints are wireless? Just curious because you pay attention it states that the speeds on your internet package are not guaranteed on wireless connections. Try connecting your computer to your modem and check the speed. You are not paying for wifi, so they do not have to make sure it is working.