TekFail

join:2013-01-25
Nepean, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to TSI Marc

Re: They pick up quick, but I might as well talk to hold music

said by TSI Marc:

Hum. I can see how it created additional confusion. Moving is very stressful there's no doubt in that. However, from our perspective, there was nothing else we could do regardless.. You're service was never getting installed sooner than the date it was installed, it was the absolutely earliest date available. I.e. we did everything right accept make absolutely clear that there were in fact three dates. Not one. Though.. Clearly you knew something about three dates because we always ask for three dates. You *wanted* another date.. We wanted to give you that date.. But it wasn't possible. Isn't that really the story here?

The net result is that we *did* deliver on what you asked for.

You did eventually deliver. Yes. Not the problem.
I wanted the internet the day I moved in, but that wasn't possible. I also wanted it to be installed by a team of nubile, scantily clad supermodels, but no one told me that, and no one sent me a confirmation on that. So I'm not complaining.

I'm not sure how I "Clearly knew" about three dates. This is my first move with teksavvy service. They may have asked for 3 dates when I signed up, but as I'm sure you can see, that was well over a year before the move. I wanted an eidetic memory, but sadly that didn't come with the internet service, also not promised to me, so we're cool in regards to that.

My issue here is with what was promised, and confirmed, then changed last minute. The CSR agreed this was misleading, and supposedly sent something to have this changed to avoid confusion with others in the future. I'm not sure if that was true, or happened, but that's what I was told on the phone.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:26

You called in a year ahead of time to schedule a move? Sorry dude, just trying to understand.. It's Sunday I don't have the full crew at my finger tips ATM.., I did not do a deep dive on your case but I did get Coles notes on your situation.

And auto correct on this iPad is killing me. Man it sucks.

--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TekFail

Nepean, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

nonono, I call in well over a year ago to sign-up. Which would be the only time before the move that I (probably) had to pick three dates.

I emailed in a few weeks (i can't remember exactly) before we moved to schedule. I was asked rather ambiguously for a date (though after wards I was informed that they wanted 3 dates) when I responded back with one date I got a confirmation email back within a few minutes. No mention of other dates.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

Hum. Ok now I'm curious. Ill get back to you tomorrow when I get to the bottom of that.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:32
reply to TekFail

said by TekFail:

I emailed in a few weeks (i can't remember exactly) before we moved to schedule. I was asked rather ambiguously for a date (though after wards I was informed that they wanted 3 dates) when I responded back with one date I got a confirmation email back within a few minutes. No mention of other dates.

I'm glad you bring this up as this was discussed between me & Andre & we assumed on this but since you are bringing it up, would you be able to clarify where this stopped making sense to you.

When we asked for the 3 dates you stated the 21st, 24th & 27th.
We replied stating that the 21st & 24th couldn't be selected.
So we replied back with soonest dates, which were the 23rd, 27th & 28th.

You agreed on the 23rd and never acknowledge or reconfirmed the 27th & 28th.

What me & Andre discussed is that since it was mentioned previously that 3 dates would be required, that even if we did not choose the 23rd after you said it would be OK, the 27th & 28th would still be OK as we had provided them to you. Thus, we never reconfirmed those dates.

So when the dispatch occurred the 27th & you were notified this should of all be OK with you as these were all dates you have asked for.

Now I agree we did some assumption with the dates, but you had initially provided the 27th as an acceptable date. Thus... we picked it. I agree communication could of been better on this whole aspect.

Regards,
Martin
--
TSI Martin (Escalations / E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork

scorpido
Premium
join:2009-11-02
New Hamburg, ON
kudos:1
reply to TekFail

Don't waste your time trying to get anything out of TSI, it is the age old excuse of we paid rogers, and to hell if were going to eat the cost. If I had to deal with this kinda crap I would have told TSI to beat it, ate the cost and made sure everyone knew. The whole we pay rogers /bell so your not getting your money back because some how you being the customer it's your fault excuse is so old. In fact anyone who asks me about TSI I tell them stay away and go to a company that takes accountability and also is not afraid to fight for our rights as Canadians. Since Rocky left, TSI is all about money and hell with the customer.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

said by scorpido:

Don't waste your time trying to get anything out of TSI, it is the age old excuse of we paid rogers, and to hell if were going to eat the cost. If I had to deal with this kinda crap I would have told TSI to beat it, ate the cost and made sure everyone knew. The whole we pay rogers /bell so your not getting your money back because some how you being the customer it's your fault excuse is so old. In fact anyone who asks me about TSI I tell them stay away and go to a company that takes accountability and also is not afraid to fight for our rights as Canadians. Since Rocky left, TSI is all about money and hell with the customer.

WOW. dude. that's just ignorant.

In the last couple of years the CRTC has approved tariff modifications to add things like DMC charges. Install charges. Move fees. Messed up modems and rental fees. jacked up usage costs. on and on..

Somehow it was deemed that we independents were the problem it seems.

I didn't make decisions lightly but I did what needed to be done. Anybody in my shoes would have had to do similar. Your anger is misplaced.

There's a CRTC decision due out soon that will reprice usage rates. That's where your attention should be at.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to scorpido

Wow... Sound like you had a bad experience that you still are mad about. If there are unresolved issues, I'll be glad to help!

First of all, it's not all about the money, its about doing things smart and staying in business. Sure, we could waive all fees and bend over for every situation. We would become the best provider out there for about a week and then we would be out of business.

When we or our vendors do wrong by our customers, you bet we take care of them. It doesn't mean we need to start being unreasonable though. In this situation, we could have avoided some confusion a little which is why we put a bit of credit to the customer.

You think things have changed since Rocky left? Well guess what... Your right... We have worked hard to stay on top of our game, we have improved on our systems and staff development, we have fought for customer rights.... I think you need to spend a little more time reading up on what we have done in the last little while rather than dwelling on the past.

Rocky and Marc always have had the same goal. And that's to bring something new to the table and to do so by putting the customer first. If you ask me, they have both done a fantastic job at it and the only differences in their accomplishments where dictated by technology and industry best practices.

Andre
--
TSI Andre
Director of Service Delivery

TekSavvy Website | TekSavvy Blog

scorpido
Premium
New Hamburg, ON

1 edit
reply to TekFail

For the Record the TSI Revenue for 2010 were $26,848,000.00 then in 2011 they were $45,474,000.00 so I don't think it will break the bank if Rogers/Bell screwed up a install or didn't show or something that caused a issue for TSI to accept accountability for it (even if it was not their fault) and do the right thing. Sure your out the money, but your customer service approval rating would go up. Most customers don't care about the pricing as much as they care about being with a smaller company who actually cares. I just think TSI is more about profits at any cost then making sure customers with issues that the companies you rent last mile from create are at least happy with TSI. Again, cost of doing business. Keep records of all the issues roger/bell create and then once a year sue them for damages. But wait we seen how much TSI like to deal with courts with regards to the Voltage issues. Thats my rant, and to be honest, it's about as old as (Sorry we paid bell/rogers already so tough luck).

scorpido
Premium
New Hamburg, ON
reply to TekFail

Oh, and by the way Rocky was amazing and built the company to what it was. How many re-sellers did you drop because of your 10 clients or you loose your ability to resell? Want to re-join, pay up again for entry. Now that's ignorant. You should be happy people are actually wanting to resell TSI.

And sorry Marc, I'm sure your a great guy, I'm just not a fan at all of your business practices compared to Rocky. Seems your more of a line the pocket type guy and run from a fight (Voltage) where Rocky was more of a Keep the wallet getting filled but not at the expense of customer satisfaction. And Voltage would be the one running. Again, no offence to you as a person Marc, I would gladly sit down and have a beer with you, but on a business side of things I'm not a fan of the direction TSI has gone.

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to scorpido

I really don't understand where these angry posts against TekSavvy over fees and not willing to refund copious amounts of credits come from (aside from holding a grudge against them).

Sure Rogers in some sitation will give some pretty decent credits to accounts (usually they've screwed up horribly though otherwise they almost always blame the account holder for overages and fees). But that's because they, Bell & Telus are laughing all the way to the bank with their overpriced plans on Internet, Wireless & TV.

Having worked in retail all through college and my last 2 years in high school, I believe the mantra "the customer is always right" is taken too often to the extreme and too literally.

I'm sure the majority (if not just about all) of TekSavvy's subscriber base would horrified if they woke up the next day and found out they were bankrupt because they ate up all the fees Rogers shoves down their throat.

TypeS

London, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to scorpido

said by scorpido:

And sorry Marc, I'm sure your a great guy, I'm just not a fan at all of your business practices compared to Rocky. Seems your more of a line the pocket type guy and run from a fight (Voltage) where Rocky was more of a Keep the wallet getting filled but not at the expense of customer satisfaction. And Voltage would be the one running. Again, no offence to you as a person Marc, I would gladly sit down and have a beer with you, but on a business side of things I'm not a fan of the direction TSI has gone.

As far I can recall, Rocky never faced a situation like the one Marc is facing now with Voltage. You really have no right to compare the two on this.

scorpido
Premium
New Hamburg, ON
reply to TekFail

I'm not saying that if joe donn calls up with a small issue that TSI should be bending over the log for him. I saying if there are provable issues and the customer was greatly in-convinced by them (IE: taking a day off work and the guy doesn't show up to install) that TSI should give the customer a refund for the install. then go after Rogers for the amount TSI lost because of a lazy rogers tech.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

said by scorpido:

I'm not saying that if joe donn calls up with a small issue that TSI should be bending over the log for him. I saying if there are provable issues and the customer was greatly in-convinced by them (IE: taking a day off work and the guy doesn't show up to install) that TSI should give the customer a refund for the install. then go after Rogers for the amount TSI lost because of a lazy rogers tech.

of course... but that's not what happend.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

scorpido
Premium
New Hamburg, ON
reply to TekFail

No Rocky never did, but he had his own battles he had to deal with in courts and such. I watched TSI from the start and seen Rocky stand up on customers behalf for things that I think even the most seasoned business owner might shy away from. Again, just my two cents worth, but I believe my statement are creditable, at least from my knowledge. Voltage is a new fish in the same water. Put up a fight and they crawl back under the rock.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to scorpido

said by scorpido:

For the Record the TSI Profits for 2010 were $26,848,000.00 then in 2011 they were $45,474,000.00 so I don't think it will break the bank if Rogers/Bell screwed up a install or didn't show or something that caused a issue for TSI to accept accountability for it (even if it was not their fault) and do the right thing. Sure your out the money, but your customer service approval rating would go up. Most customers don't care about the pricing as much as they care about being with a smaller company who actually cares. I just think TSI is more about profits at any cost then making sure customers with issues that the companies you rent last mile from create are at least happy with TSI. Again, cost of doing business. Keep records of all the issues roger/bell create and then once a year sue them for damages. But wait we seen how much TSI like to deal with courts with regards to the Voltage issues. Thats my rant, and to be honest, it's about as old as (Sorry we paid bell/rogers already so tough luck).

wow. I wish those were our profits!!
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

scorpido
Premium
New Hamburg, ON
reply to TekFail

Marc, I'm talking over the past while. I have seen so many more complaints, and excuses coming from TSI, more then accountability. It is just sad to see as even I used to be a huge promoter of TSI, you were the gods of the inde isps back then. Almost never heard any real bad issues pop up on the forums, and when they did you were quick to please the customer and the issue was solved in 3-5 posts. Now good luck with the argument between TSI and the customer being over before 15 posts.

scorpido
Premium
New Hamburg, ON
reply to TekFail

According to
»www.branham300.com/details.php?y···ny_ID=92

Those are your announced revenue.

TypeS

London, ON

Wow someone needs to take Business 101 that every 14 year old learns in Ontario.

Revenue is not the same as profit.

TekFail

Nepean, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to scorpido

said by scorpido:

As much as this may encapsulate how I felt during this situation. I've got to say, I've never had Ted Rogers look in to my problem.

I'm willing to bet that this will end with no change, but at the very least I feel like I'm being listened to more than just a Tier one Tech and the supervisor that he has beers with after work, with my problem logged in a database never to be seen again.

Sadly that's how it worked when I worked in a call center on behalf of a well know fruit-themed computer manufacturer.

Do what I did, make a thread, explain your issues. Resist the urge to call them all child molesters and con men, ignore the fanboi's trolling and show them why you feel this way.

I really thought this would last an hour or so then "This thread could not be found"

+1 for having the CEO respond.
+1 for not culling all unsavoury or unflattering threads
+1 for talking like human beings (and stopping the copypasta)

The frustration from this issue angers up my blood, but the availability and human-ness of this support forum is at the very least unique and interesting.

TekSavvy to me now is a lot like a damn fine shirt, with a spaghetti stain down the front. I used to like it, I want to still like it, so it's hard to throw out. But I'll be damned if I'm going to wear it in public.

(I'm going to talk to a shrink about these analogies.)

At least having the CEO tell me to go fly a kite is a little more official than some nameless at the end of a 1-800 number.

scorpido
Premium
New Hamburg, ON
reply to TekFail

Yep, my bad, just re-looked at the website. Your right, those are not profit numbers. I will edit my post to remove the profits portion as it was incorrectly stated.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to scorpido

said by scorpido:

Marc, I'm talking over the past while. I have seen so many more complaints, and excuses coming from TSI, more then accountability. It is just sad to see as even I used to be a huge promoter of TSI, you were the gods of the inde isps back then. Almost never heard any real bad issues pop up on the forums, and when they did you were quick to please the customer and the issue was solved in 3-5 posts. Now good luck with the argument between TSI and the customer being over before 15 posts.

You're so far out in the boonies it's not even funny.

I was there for every one of those minutes you're talking about. I've had years and years of battles with people on here. Many pages of posts. We've never laid down and taken things. We've always been about doing what's right. Calling it the way it is. If we were wrong, we'd say so. If we were right we'd stick to our guns.

Back then, everything was different. I mean everything. It's not at all the same thing. how can we deal with it the same?

You're holding me to something that's impossible to live up to. It's apples and oranges.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

scorpido
Premium
New Hamburg, ON
reply to TekFail

Yes that is one of the many benefits of TSI, that the CEO and CTO are both in the forums. It is just sad that they are putting out more fires then before. There are benefits to TSI, but the company directive has changed and that's what bugs me.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

said by scorpido:

Yes that is one of the many benefits of TSI, that the CEO and CTO are both in the forums. It is just sad that they are putting out more fires then before. There are benefits to TSI, but the company directive has changed and that's what bugs me.

Man. I dont know how else to explain this other than this:

So far this month we have processed 10,136 orders.

It's a whole other ball game. I think we can improve things still, we're working our tails off. But gees, it's not like we're sitting on our thumbs.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

scorpido
Premium
New Hamburg, ON
reply to scorpido

To quote you Marc "I've had years and years of battles with people on here". You shouldn't have to battle with customers. If there is a legit issue that caused a customer inconvince then they should be compensated even if TSI already sent the money to Rogers/Bell. Also yes now your a lot more cautious to stay out of a fight with a company other then tell them how it is and if they don't like it they can talk to your lawyers. Sure things have changed, no doubt, but TSI customer service policy also has changed as has the way you treat re-sellers (the people who helped you become profitable) and it was not for the better.

scorpido
Premium
New Hamburg, ON

Why has TSI never taken Rogers/Bell to court for damages for screwing up installs or missing appts or just being idiots? Or is there some rules that prohibit TSI from doing that?

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to scorpido

said by scorpido:

To quote you Marc "I've had years and years of battles with people on here". You shouldn't have to battle with customers. If there is a legit issue that caused a customer convince then they should be compensated even if TSI already sent the money to Rogers/Bell. Also yes now your a lot more cautious to stay out of a fight with a company other then tell them how it is and if they don't like it they can talk to your lawyers. Sure things have changed, no doubt, but TSI customer service policy also has changed as has the way you treat re-sellers (the people who helped you become profitable)

We've never just given money out for no good reason. Full stop. That never happened. You just dont know what you're talking about.

As for resellers... dude, there's no money in DSL as it stands... our costs have changed man. wake up!!
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to scorpido

said by scorpido:

Why has TSI never taken Rogers/Bell to court for damages for screwing up installs or missing appts or just being idiots? Or is there some rules that prohibit TSI from doing that?

it's the law... the only recourse we have is to go to the CRTC. which, once we're done fighting for our very survival.. we'll gladly look into those other details.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

scorpido
Premium
New Hamburg, ON
reply to TekFail

I would hope you never gave out money for no good reason, and yes I am fully aware that dsl has a very small profit margin. But at the same time, you sign up over 10,000 customers, and 5 have missed install dates because of bell or rogers, why not give them back their install fee and go after rogers/bell for the money because they are the ones who screwed up.

scorpido
Premium
New Hamburg, ON

Okay, posted that before i was able to read your post. sorry.