join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn to TekFail

Premium Member

to TekFail

Re: They pick up quick, but I might as well talk to hold music

Hello TekFail,

Sorry to hear about your misadventures.

For one, the date that your service started, is the day your first payment will cover. If the service was delayed by 3 days, then your activation initially set will be bumped up to the day the service starts. That way the payment you made to activate the service will reflect the true start date.

The activation fee is directly handed over to Rogers. An activation fee is not only to cover the install but the administration of the account.

If you would kindly send me a PM or post in the »/forum ··· avdirect forum, I will take a closer look at your situation & see if we dropped the ball on anything.

Best Regards,
Martin
TekFail
join:2013-01-25
Nepean, ON

TekFail

Martin Says: "For one, the date that your service started, is the day your first payment will cover. If the service was delayed by 3 days, then your activation initially set will be bumped up to the day the service starts."

Original post says: "Moved within Ottawa"

Not sure how I misled you to believe that I just signed up, but this is a move. Thanks, but no thanks copypasta.

And both my Dec bill (which had the unnecessary and unrequested move fee) and January have the same cost as previous months for internet.

I'm not sure who your paying $65 to update my address in some database, but that seems criminal. Since, as I mentioned I did not need nor request a service person.

Yes the line should be tagged, but since the box is sitting exposed in a disheveled mess of wires and broken plastic in my neighbours yard, I somehow doubt they check them often. I'll pay the $65 to have it reconnected if they actually start to maintain their equipment and notice this oversight. History suggests they'll disconnect it a few times even if it is tagged (Issues during original setup > 1 year ago)

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

Hello,

Moving from 1 location to another, would still be considered like a new activation. Although the information on our end wouldn't necessarily change other then the address in our system, Rogers would still need to ensure they hook up the service at the residence even if remotely activated.

The move fee is a prequesite when moving. If the service was delayed and not working/activated on the day that was set, what ever the reason may have been we can look into that.

I'm willing to help out & look into this with you, but would also need you to let me help you.

Thanks,
Martin
TekFail
Nepean, ON

TekFail

said by JenSuisUn:

Hello,

I'm willing to help out & look into this with you, but would also need you to let me help you.

My post in TekSavvy Direct has been fermenting for 15 minutes. Not sure what else you need...

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

said by TekFail:

My post in TekSavvy Direct has been fermenting for 15 minutes. Not sure what else you need...

We are looking into it. Me & Jon are both looking at what happened, is going on & will happen. Please bear with us while we look at getting you a proper answer.

Thanks.
Expand your moderator at work

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx to TekFail

Premium Member

to TekFail

Re: They pick up quick, but I might as well talk to hold music

said by TekFail:

said by JenSuisUn:

Hello,

even though it's a support request, it's a simplified way to deal with a situation. That said it's going to take longer then 15 minutes. Take a deep breath and have some patience. Getting angry won't get you're move/setup done faster. Just ignore the hate posts as you'll get reamed for a negative thread. Just have some patience
said by motoracer:

You seem like a customer that I'm glad I don't have to deal with. This needs to be moved to the rants section.

That's a pretty judgemental statement. Customers are allowed to be frustrated. What make's humans unique is we all get frustrated in different ways. Some overreact and others have the patience though frustrated.
TekFail
Nepean, ON

TekFail

said by Tx:

said by TekFail:

even though it's a support request, it's a simplified way to deal with a situation. That said it's going to take longer then 15 minutes. Take a deep breath and have some patience. Getting angry won't get you're move/setup done faster. Just ignore the hate posts as you'll get reamed for a negative thread. Just have some patience

I understand how that was misunderstood, he asked me to help him help me, and I pointed out that I did already. The 15 minutes is irrelevant to my point.
TekFail

TekFail

said by Tx:

Just have some patience

I've got you guys to chill with, why would I be impatient?

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

Jon has replied to you.

motoracer
join:2003-09-15
united state

motoracer to Tx

to Tx
said by Tx:

That's a pretty judgemental statement. Customers are allowed to be frustrated. What make's humans unique is we all get frustrated in different ways. Some overreact and others have the patience though frustrated.

I was referring to the way he was ranting about the moving fee. He was well aware of the fee before he moved and he's just complaining about it after the fact.
TekFail
Nepean, ON

TekFail to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
said by JenSuisUn:

Jon has replied to you.

Yep, more promises of a refund for my time without service, acceptance that this is an unfortunate situation.

Thanks...
TekFail

TekFail to motoracer

to motoracer
said by motoracer:

I was referring to the way he was ranting about the moving fee. He was well aware of the fee before he moved and he's just complaining about it after the fact.

I'd happily pay the fee if they kept their promises. They may not have made the date, but they communicated it to me, and when I see "Confirmation" in an email, I presume that means it's not tentative or subject to change without notice.
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983

Premium Member

said by TekFail:

said by motoracer:

I'd happily pay the fee if they kept their promises. They may not have made the date, but they communicated it to me, and when I see "Confirmation" in an email, I presume that means it's not tentative or subject to change without notice.

You presumed wrong. Rogers installers fall behind schedule. It sucks, but it happens. Rogers never guarantees a date when they schedule it, cuz they know 'shit happens'.

As for the fee.. Your internet is running with TSI at the new location, you pay the fee. This fee is non-negotiable from Rogers.
TekFail
Nepean, ON

TekFail

said by resa1983:

As for the fee.. Your internet is running with TSI at the new location, you pay the fee. This fee is non-negotiable from Rogers.

You seem well versed for not having TSI in your name. Where are you finding these details? I'd very much like to see this.
mkay
join:2008-04-13
Kingston, ON

4 edits

mkay to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
I had the exact same situation as op when I moved into my new place in sept 2011. DSL was suppose to be active on the 3rd. My activation was delayed 2 or 3 times due to mistakes by your rookie customer service. When they sent the order to bell the first time, they messed up the address. The second time they asked bell for 5meg install even though I agreed several times for a lower profile since my new place was far from the central office.

My install was delayed for 5 days each time until they said the 19th is when it should be on and offered me a dial up login (why this wasn't offered after the first mess up is beyond me).

The dsl light came on around the 15th so I called in and told them its working and to change my activation/billing date. None of the mistakes tsi csr's made were noted on my account. Even the supervisor that gave me the dial up login did not note. After explaining everything to a new csr, I was assured the refund/activation date would taken care of. It wasn't.

A few months later I get a an extra bill. Called in again and found out my activation date is still the 3rd and no money was refunded for the time without a connection. It was a big confusing mess since they CHANGED my payment date to sync with my phone payment date without my permission.

Getting a refund for the time offline was like pulling teeth but I eventually got it. I still have no idea when my real activation date is, they refuse to change it. When I was looking into switching to start.ca I called and asked if I canceled then when would my internet stop? She said the 30th. I told her no that's my payment date, I wasn't connected until the middle of the month. She was rude and had a very bad attitude. It seems like my account is full of bad notes. Every time I call in now I get treated like a criminal even though I have been a loyal customer and paid on time for the past 4 years.

That was and will be my last communication with tsi cs.

I had even tried getting support from the direct forum and they didn't help at all(my posts have expired/deleted). I find it extremely sad years later people are having the same issues. Reading now that you CAN move activation dates frustrates me to hell. I think its time to switch to start even if I do end up having to make a double payment since I have no idea when my DSL would cancel.

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

Hi,

I've looked up the account and find out what is going on.

Rather than detailing everything I'll simply give you the important dates.

Your phone is paid up to the 30th of each month.
Your DSL is paid up to the 2nd of each month.

So if you cancel your phone, DSL may be out of service for 2 or 3 days depending on the amount of day in the month.

Hope this will clear up what you were looking for.

If you would like additional details, feel free to contact me via PM & tell you exactly were things got all messed up.

Regards,
Martin

BronsCon
join:2003-10-24
Fairfield, CA

BronsCon to TekFail

to TekFail
quote:
My post in TekSavvy Direct has been fermenting for 15 minutes.
I wish I could ferment hops and barley that fast! WOW!
mkay
join:2008-04-13
Kingston, ON

mkay to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
thank you.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

said by mkay:

thank you.

Back in sep 2011, we had a whole other set of issues that's been discussed extensively. Growing pains essentially... Sorry for whatever probs we caused you back then.