Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

Ahhhh working from home now

I was in the office this morning. Now I have no pants on Woohoo. I am doing database monitoring this afternoon.

I will be again working all weekend like last weekend. Starting tomorrow morning until Sunday afternoon.

It is almost like my own business without the rewards.
--
The irony of common sense, it is not that common.
I cannot deny anything I did not say.
A kitten dies every time someone uses "then" and "than" incorrectly.
I mock people who give their children odd spelling of names.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
Aint it a bit cold for no pants? What happens when you have to step out to get the paper or open the door for the fedex guy?
--
F**K THE NHL. Go Blue Jays 2013!!!

donoreo
Premium
North York, ON
said by HiVolt:

Aint it a bit cold for no pants? What happens when you have to step out to get the paper or open the door for the fedex guy?

I do have comfy pj type pants on. I am not expecting any deliveries.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
kudos:2
said by donoreo:

said by HiVolt:

And you wife is at work?
--
Need-based health care not greed-based health care.

donoreo
Premium
North York, ON
said by DKS:

said by donoreo:

said by HiVolt:

And you wife is at work?

Sadly she is still not working. She is not here though, she is over taking care of her mom. She was sent home from Toronto Rehab early last week but they recommended that she not be alone for too long. My wife is over there every day to help out and she is making all the arrangements for physiotherapy and a day program for her to go to and work on recovery. She has improved a lot in the past two weeks (stroke for those who do not recall) but is still having short term memory issues, etc.
--

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to donoreo
Since when does working in an office mean you can't work with no pants on? Have you not ever worked at a company that observed no pants day? I have.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

donoreo
Premium
North York, ON
said by Guspaz:

Since when does working in an office mean you can't work with no pants on? Have you not ever worked at a company that observed no pants day? I have.

I want to go to there

milnoc

join:2001-03-05
H3B
I'm not so sure I want to see that.

NefCanuck

join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to Guspaz
said by Guspaz:

Can't say as I have, I do however work in a "bring your pet to work" type office. Which I like, as long as the little ones who are brought in steer clear of me as I'm walking around.

With my mobility issues, any surprises and someones pet will get squashed when I fall over.

NefCanuck

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to milnoc
said by milnoc:

I'm not so sure I want to see that.

I do but only if it applies to women.

joeblow3

join:2000-12-27
London, ON
reply to donoreo
Working at home for your own business is not as prestigious as one may think.

donoreo
Premium
North York, ON
said by joeblow3:

Working at home for your own business is not as prestigious as one may think.

I know. I do not want to be my own boss. I am not Captain Kirk, I am more Mr. Spock. Ok to take over, but leave the big stuff to someone else

analog andy

join:2005-01-03
Surrey, BC
reply to donoreo
I'm at my store eating a nice fat sandwich I just made, after that I'm gonna go and watch some Babylon 5 on my 50" plasma then get some Krombacher at the beer store and play some Nexuiz and Atari Jaguar for the rest of the day oh I'll have to do some paper work in there somewhere but I got till 8pm to get it done.

donoreo
Premium
North York, ON
reply to donoreo
Hmmm not much going on at work this afternoon. No email, fewer import files being uploaded so not much to monitor. Gosh darn.

horsey

@eastlink.ca
reply to Guspaz
said by Guspaz:

Funny you bring that up because that was today at my work.
»www.kidzworld.com/article/1728-r ··· urns-day
OH and the code is never look up another mans kilt.

donoreo
Premium
North York, ON
said by horsey :

said by Guspaz:

Funny you bring that up because that was today at my work.
»www.kidzworld.com/article/1728-r ··· urns-day
OH and the code is never look up another mans kilt.

Code? Common sense is more like it!
--

donoreo
Premium
North York, ON
reply to donoreo
So continuing along with what I was doing last weekend. I was purging old data and after 24 hours it had not finished. I started again this morning and 7 minutes later it was done.

Anyway, that was the first of 13 possible data purges this weekend. I suspect I will only get done 6. The 7th has a lot of data.

aaah

@videotron.ca
reply to Guspaz
said by Guspaz:

You worked at Le Source de Sex?

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Guspaz
said by Guspaz:

well didn't Toronto just have a "no pants" day? First i heard of it but seen the pictures and found it funny.

donoreo
Premium
North York, ON
said by Tx:

said by Guspaz:

well didn't Toronto just have a "no pants" day? First i heard of it but seen the pictures and found it funny.

That was an international event. Just subways.

»improveverywhere.com/missions/th ··· ay-ride/
--

donoreo
Premium
North York, ON
reply to donoreo
I just finished my work. We had a data integrity problem that I had to send to the vendor so we did not complete all that I thought we would, but it means I am done now rather than 5.

donoreo
Premium
North York, ON
reply to donoreo
No pants for me this morning! Working from home with the freezing rain thing going. I may go in later.

IamGimli

join:2004-02-28
Canada
Sounds like someone needs a blog...

Hydraglass
Premium
join:2002-05-08
Kingston, ON
reply to donoreo
Working from home myself... I used to do it more often a year or two ago - my latest projects have had a ton more hands-on time where I couldn't work remote... now I'm back to documenting everything I've done the last 6 months and I can skip the office more often.

Unfortunately, I had to spent the first 2 hours this AM cleaning up my little corner of the basement where I work when I'm at home - it's my little "sanctuary" but I had let it go and was storing grap in here - but now I'm all set, no one bothers me, the pets stay away, and I feel like I'm still working at an office... I just wish I had a better chair down here.

I'm one of those weird "work from home" people though, I still get up, do my normal morning routine, get dressed for work, have my coffee and OJ and cereal, and then "commute" down to my work area, stay here until lunch, take a normal hour lunch break, come back down, and work until 5... it's the only way I won't "goof off" (yeah yeah I'm still on here, but I'd be doing this at the office too!).