uniqs

Rigor_M
join:2010-09-26
Quebec, QC

Rigor_M to tbb73

to tbb73

Re: Bell FTTH question

said by tbb73:

For internet only it's very easy to get rid of the Sagemcom. Tag with ID 35 and spoof the MAC address of the Sagemcom... that's it, easy.

For the TV this is different. You need another VLAN ID (36), you need some static routes and complicated DNS setup because the sagemcom will redirect some DNS requests to the TV service DNSs at Bell...

Did you try to NOW spoof the sagemcom's MAC address ?

What i'm thinking is, leave the sagemcom for my TV feed and use another ethernet port on the ONT to connect my router with vlan 35 on its wan side.

the thing is, Bell stopped accepting multiple PPPoE logins so that makes it impossible to bridge the sagemcom and put a personal firewall behind it.

If its possible to not use the b1xxx code in the sagecom and NOT spoof its mac, it would be possible to use a personal router directly in the ONT

any toughts on this ?
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

I could be wrong, but I think I remember reading that only one ethernet port on the ONT is actually active.

Frank_IT
Premium Member
join:2003-11-01
Montreal

Frank_IT to Rigor_M

Premium Member

to Rigor_M
You cant do that as there is only one port enabled on the ONT.
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato

The Tv portion of the Sagecom is not pppoe it is DHCP.

Rigor_M
join:2010-09-26
Quebec, QC

Rigor_M

I agree that its DHCP, but is that for the feed AND internet apps (do they both got out on vlan36) or is the vlan35 used for the TV's apps ?