spc
Search similar:

uniqs

OmnR
@eastlink.ca

OmnR

Anon

Turbo Hub Shut Downs

I am using Bell turbo Hubs to allow some remote weather stations to upload live weather (every 15 sec) to the web. There are no other users or apps on the hub. The hub stops uploading after a day or two or longer. A visit and local reset of the hub is required. This only occurs at sites where there is no other "user" than the weather station. At sites where there is other activity on the hub (computer) there seems to be no issue. Is the lack of incoming traffic causing the hub to go to "sleep"?
ings
Premium Member
join:2004-12-22
Toronto, ON

ings

Premium Member

I have experienced similar problems. I don't know what the root cause is, but I worked around the problem by putting the hub on a mechanical timer to force a reboot once per day.

Dave Ings

aqk
join:2006-07-17
Elgin, QC

aqk to OmnR

to OmnR
Just a guess- It MAY be due to the ip-address changing.
Don't know what sort of app you have, but if it is continually connected to the internet, you may need to restart the app every few hours or so.
The lease time on Bell mobility IP addresses is very short compared to fiber and copper land line connections.

I visually monitor my Turbohub's external ip address, (using a WorldIP browser AddOn) and the IP changes sometimes 2 or 3 times a day.