Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to Snuffbox

Premium Member

to Snuffbox

Re: Gearing for PvP

When do you think 5.2 will hit? I think we are safe to go for Dreadful off set pieces like neck rings trinkets?

Right now I don't see to much problem capping honor over a weekend.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox

Premium Member

said by Jobbie:

When do you think 5.2 will hit?

Two weeks.
said by Jobbie:

I think we are safe to go for Dreadful off set pieces like neck rings trinkets?

Of course. If you're honor capped, spend it. Don't let it go wasted. However I do suggest trying to be at 4k honor when patch drops to have a head start. Outside of that, spend whatever.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Ok, I will one week away from WoW so that will give me one more week to get offset and cap honor to start getting the Malevolent pieces.

Bodybagger
Premium Member
join:2010-03-30
Saint Matthews, SC

Bodybagger

Premium Member

My GF and I run BGs all the time.. already decked and just do it for fun. We also have a few guildies that run and we usually have some spots. If anyone is interested shoot me a PM. We're on Shadowmoon but I think you can still queue cross server BGs.

Edit - Alliance that is...
Cows
join:2010-02-27

Cows to Jobbie

to Jobbie
Also as of 5.2 the dreadful gear will be crafted. So if your not doing arena's now and capping conquest the best way to get an advantage is:
Get 4k honor buy item say ring
Get 4k honor again upgrade ring
repeat this with all the off set items as once 5.2 hits the upgrade system is gone so that way your offset items are just below Malv. Then when 5.2 hits you can buy the crafted set items with gold and then buy the Malv weap with honor.
Then you will be able to kill stuff in 2s in the first week, you will still be behind but not giant amount like now. You will still need to grind out honor to get full malv fast as most ppl already have that.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

said by Cows:

Also as of 5.2 the dreadful gear will be crafted. So if your not doing arena's now and capping conquest the best way to get an advantage is:
Get 4k honor buy item say ring
Get 4k honor again upgrade ring
repeat this with all the off set items as once 5.2 hits the upgrade system is gone so that way your offset items are just below Malv. Then when 5.2 hits you can buy the crafted set items with gold and then buy the Malv weap with honor.
Then you will be able to kill stuff in 2s in the first week, you will still be behind but not giant amount like now. You will still need to grind out honor to get full malv fast as most ppl already have that.

Nice adivce.
Jobbie

Jobbie to Bodybagger

Premium Member

to Bodybagger
said by Bodybagger:

My GF and I run BGs all the time.. already decked and just do it for fun. We also have a few guildies that run and we usually have some spots. If anyone is interested shoot me a PM. We're on Shadowmoon but I think you can still queue cross server BGs.

Edit - Alliance that is...

I only have a shaman and DK on alliance side, how is elemental doing now days?
Cows

Cows

ele with gear hit like a truck.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Need moar time....
Cows

Cows to Jobbie

to Jobbie
I found my dk was pretty fun to grind honor with as frost does a ton of AOE and single target dmg. Also in a group i am seldom the first targeted.

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie to Jobbie

to Jobbie
said by Jobbie:

Need moar time....

+100

Bodybagger
Premium Member
join:2010-03-30
Saint Matthews, SC

Bodybagger to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
Honestly I would just get a basic feel for playing your toon in PVP for the time being. If the patch is somewhat ~2 weeks out, there is no need to bust your ass to try to get gear when everything will be changed up after the patch. I would do some BGs here and there and maybe work on getting atleast your Mal shoulders/gloves and then helm. The shoulders and gloves are 1750 conq and both provide a great start. Epic shoulder enchant and socket and the gloves always give a boost to an ability as a passive effect. Either one of those can be achieved in 2 weeks from doing BGs. By the time you work towards your shoulder/gloves you should have enough honor to purchase a few pieces of honor gear. The honor gear will not be obsolete once the patch hits and will still provide some value in BGs. Arenas... I wouldn't even hassle with it until after the patch if you are fresh into PVP.