uniqs
share rss forum feed

Liberty

join:2005-06-12
Tucson, AZ
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

[iPhone] Comparing Verizon service

I suppose I should ask Verizon but I am inclined to ask for real world users experience

I am looking to trim costs
I am out of contract with my iP4 and am considering going on the month to month for less $$ - not sure if it is called pre or post pay

I pretty much never excede a gig/month of data but use about 100+ texts and well over 2000 minutes of calls / month

I work/travel in wide variety of pretty remote areas and suspect I am roaming (currently for free) frequently

Is the service area for non-contract users identical to the regular 'unlimited' everything subscribers?

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

I can't answer that specific question but if you have an older contract, could you get more value out of going with one of the new share everything plans?

People like to complain about it being higher in cost but if you can lower your overall cost it may be the right way to go since you have so little data usage.

rmmoody

join:2001-02-15
Leawood, KS
reply to Liberty

I have heard anecdotal references that suggest that Verizon does have fairly good geographic coverage here in the Midwest. I was a customer of theirs for a few years prior to the iPhone. Personally I didn't care for the way they seemed to nickel ad dime you for every possible different service, but times have changed. I'm sure you have looked at their coverage maps. You might also look at »opensignal.com it's a user supported heat-map of wireless coverage, you may find it useful.

--
Mark