how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

wcda

join:2001-12-06
Macon, GA

[GA] tuning adapter

I just got a letter about ordering SDV adapters according to the letter I need to order 3 because I am using 3 cable cards. This has not been a pleasant job. someone needs to vet the info before they disperse it.To start the Phone # connects to a spanish site 1 866 936 7152 No option for english It also has a phone # for the local store but no one answers not ever an automated robot. So I am stuck in limbo
at the end is a thank for being a loyal customer. that was premature becaue Cox is trying to get me to quit and switch to another provider. This started with the adds about bundling. they are very insulting and demeaning I would have thought that the $210 they get from me a month would be worth some thind

Optimus2357
Premium
join:2010-11-21
West Warwick, RI
kudos:3

1 edit

Does this help? Seems to have a different number and a decent break down.

»media.cox.com/support/print_medi···coTA.pdf

::Edit:: See below

BryanInPHX
Premium
join:2001-03-06
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:2
reply to wcda

If Macon GA is using Motorola Equipment, then the OP needs a Motorola Tuning Adapter.
»media.cox.com/support/print_medi···toTA.pdf

The Tuning Adapter is Free

There is nothing yet posted on the Macon GA Cox support webpages.

Here is the relative info though for a Motorola market.
»ww2.cox.com/residential/hamptonr···00000000
--
Cox Premier HSI, SB6120, DIR-628, Win7 WMC SiliconDust HD HomeRun Prime
TiVo Elite & Premiere 2TB-WD20EURS, SA8240HDC DVR, Passport Vers: 3.1.124, OS Vers: PowerTV 6.20.75.106sp
DIY-Ext. eSATA DVR Expander No Enclosure Bare HDD - WD Caviar Black WD1002FA

Optimus2357
Premium
join:2010-11-21
West Warwick, RI
kudos:3

Ahh ok. Darn. Looked promising.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
reply to wcda

Call the Cox support number on your bill and they will route you to the person who can get you the MTAs or tell you where to get them. That is what I did for my TiVos.

BryanInPHX
Premium
Phoenix, AZ
reply to wcda

Cox is probably giving you a heads up way in advance, They may not even have any Tuning Adapters yet. Hopefully SDV won't be deployed in your area for a few months.

If you start loosing channels due to SDV before getting a TA. It will be mostly channels in the Variety Pak, Movie Pak, Sports and Info Pak, Faith & Values Pak and mostly SD channels. Many Cox markets put MSNBCHD on SDV, as well as all Faith & Values Pak channels.
--
TiVo Elite & Premiere 2TB-WD20EURS, SA8240HDC DVR, Passport Vers: 3.1.124, OS Vers: PowerTV 6.20.75.106sp

wcda

join:2001-12-06
Macon, GA
reply to wcda

The letter gives me till the 15th of Feb to install the adapter before I start losing programs. there appears close to 30 on the list including some HBOs

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
reply to BryanInPHX

Seems it is all the low rated channels. When I get up in the morning after watching some oddball channel I have the "this channel is not available" screen. Change away and come back and it is there.

BryanInPHX
Premium
Phoenix, AZ
reply to wcda

said by wcda:

The letter gives me till the 15th of Feb to install the adapter before I start losing programs. there appears close to 30 on the list including some HBOs

That 30 number is just were they will be starting, over the next several months to year the total will eventually hit somewhere near 150-170 channels most likely.

Most markets are very similar, here is the list for San Diego CA and what you should eventually expect.
»docs.google.com/file/d/0B5ROWkwG···a2s/edit
--