how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bimmerdriver

join:2010-12-10
Coquitlam, BC

Action Against Usage Cap

I called Telus this morning to complain about the change in the terms of the terms of service they are unilaterally imposing. In my case as an Optic High Speed Turbo user, the reduction is from 500 GB to 250 GB. I voiced my disapproval that they are not only stating that they will enforce a usage cap, but that they will reduce the usage cap by 50% with no compensation. They gave me the usual BS about how 10% of the users are causing problems for the rest. I countered by saying if that is actually the case, why not simply enforce the existing cap rather than reduce the cap at the same time by 50%? Naturally the CSR had nothing to say except what she was told to say. She admitted that there have been a lot of complaints. I asked how they could justify making this change when it's not possible to even see the usage on the website? Again no answer. She didn't know how to view usage so she put me through to technical support. The person I talked with there was clueless. She said "it's on the website". I asked her to explain exactly where and she couldn't answer. She put me on hold whereupon I was transferred to someone else who admitted it's not currently possible to view the usage, but it will be on February 1st. Well done Telus. Not.

I just finished filing a complaint with the Commissioner for Complaints for Tellecommunications Services. Here is the website where you can file a complaint: »www.ccts-cprst.ca/en/complaints/···int-form. I urge everyone to file a complaint, not just complain about it here.

Additionally, send an email to ceo@telus.com and complain directly to the CEO of Telus. He won't read it, but he will at least hear about it.

Additionally, call Telus and complain. The more time we waste complaining and asking difficult questions that they can't answer, the more it will make an impression on them. I was on the phone with three different people for over 45 minutes.

Bitching and moaning here will make no difference. Complaining to the CCTS, the CEO of Telus and Telus Customer Service is more likely to have an effect.

If you do any or all of the above, please reply to this thread. Let's see how many people will take action.

jtl999
CEO of Actiontec Dev Team

join:2012-11-24
In the GVRD
kudos:4
I will just wait and see if it is enforced before taking action.

WhosTheBosch

join:2009-12-02
said by jtl999:

I will just wait and see if it is enforced before taking action.

An attitude like this is what gets society in trouble in the first place. Action after the fact won't change anything.

bimmerdriver

Coquitlam, BC
FWIW, I already received a response from the CEO's office (Executive Client Relations Advisor), who supposedly be contacting me next week.

Gardener
Premium
join:2006-10-19
Burnaby, BC
Reviews:
·TELUS
said by bimmerdriver:

FWIW, I already received a response from the CEO's office (Executive Client Relations Advisor), who supposedly be contacting me next week.

Oh, so we don't need to surround the Telus building with a horde of bandwidth hogs carrying flaming torches.

jtl999

In the GVRD
lol

bimmerdriver

Coquitlam, BC
reply to Gardener
I guess I missed the part about the swarming the boot with the torches. Maybe thrown in pirate costumes for effect.

Seriously, if you doubt that receiving complaints has a better likelihood of influencing an organization than bitching and moaning on a public forum, you are sorely mistaken. One letter from me will make SFA difference. A stack of letters and CSRs spending hours on the phone taking complaints will make a difference. Do nothing now and chances of Telus changing direction are nil. Make noise now and maybe they will back off.

ChuckcZar

@teksavvy.com
reply to bimmerdriver
Now you can read about how the rest of the world except Canadians watch Netflix 3D and Netflix super HD movies. If you're a multimillionaire you can afford the overuse fees that will come into play.

Mindman

join:2012-12-10
Merritt, BC
yup... even netflix Chief Content Officer said canada is almost 3rd world status for interent..

EricG

join:2010-01-12
Procter, BC
reply to bimmerdriver
I'm surprised no one suggested a class action lawsuit. Don't know how much it would cost for a lawyer to research and write a warning letter to Telus against implementing reduced service.

Reducing service level without reducing price would be the main argument. The data hog problem should be solved by enforcing caps, not reducing caps. Telus does not want a lawsuit, they would have to reveal infrastructure costs, data usage and congestion, etc.

hatesparasit

@telus.net
reply to bimmerdriver
If you want some responses, target the investors of Telus as well.
Attack more than just 1 head of the Hydra.

Investors have become parasites of companies.
They will get angry at mere customers bothering them in their greedy lust for more profit

Parasite investors want a 3 month profit from their investment, instead of a 3-5 year holding and then profit.
They are destroying companies by manipulating the company to become anti-consumer.
Telus had some fight with investors late last year and then now caps drop, but hopefully Telus won't become anti-consumer like Rogers and Bell and Shaw(there was something about shaw slowly buying out all investors).

Since Telus does not own any of the media in Canada, maybe the media will actually get a story out as it does not affect their paychecks or jobs.

Noting that Crackberry Blackberry(formerly named RIM) Had a bunch of investors drive up the price before the official announced date for BB10 and then did a quick sell off the start of trade day of the announcement for a quick profit. Resulting in lower share price for an antique company.

Heres the latest investors news release.

»www.winnipegfreepress.com/busine···221.html
Telus says single class of common shares to trade in New York on Monday

By: The Canadian Press

VANCOUVER - Telus Corp. (TSX:T) says its single class of common shares will start trading in New York on Monday, and about one week later in Toronto.

The Vancouver-based telecom company fought a pitched battle with Mason Capital over its plan to consolidate its shares into a single class.

The New York-based hedge fund eventually dropped its court challenge of the plan.

Telus common shares will trade under the symbol TU on the NYSE starting Monday.

The company says it expects non-voting shares to be delisted in Toronto and to start trading as common shares under the T symbol "on or about" Feb. 11.

Mason had argued the voting shares should have been given a higher value than non-voting shares.

At one time, the hedge fund was the largest shareholder in Telus, but has since reduced its stake.
»about.telus.com/community/englis···bruary-4
31/1/2013 11:19:50 AM
TELUS anticipates its common shares will commence trading on NYSE February 4

Vancouver, B.C. – As previously announced, TELUS’ court-approved exchange of its non-voting shares for common shares on a one-for-one basis will become effective at 12:01 a.m. (PDT) on February 4, 2013.

The New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) has now confirmed that it anticipates TELUS common shares will commence trading under the symbol "TU" at the start of trading on February 4, 2013 (previously announced as on or about February 5). Non-voting shares will be delisted from the NYSE before the opening of trading on February 4, 2013. TELUS anticipates its non-voting shares will be delisted from the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX), at the close of business on or about February 8, 2013. The additional common shares issued in exchange for TELUS’ non-voting shares will be listed on the TSX at open of business on or about February 11, 2013 and commence trading under the symbol “T,” the same symbol under which common shares currently trade.

Computershare will mail DRS advice forms representing the new common shares to the holders of record of non-voting shares as of February 13, 2013, shortly after that date. Non-voting shares will be common shares at the effective time and holders of certificates formerly representing non-voting shares do not need to take any further action as the DRS form advice will represent the total number of common shares received upon the exchange. This will allow shareholders to hold their new common shares in “book-entry” form without having a physical share certificate.
»about.telus.com/community/englis···exchange
25/1/2013 6:57:39 AM
TELUS to complete share exchange

Non-voting shares will be exchanged for common shares effective February 4, 2013
Vancouver, B.C. – TELUS is moving ahead with the court-approved exchange of its non-voting shares for common shares on a one-for-one basis, which will become effective at 12:01 a.m. (PDT) on February 4, 2013.
“Our shareholders’ strong support for this exchange was made clear during the shareholder vote on October 17, and we are very pleased that we can now conclude this important and beneficial share exchange,” said Darren Entwistle, TELUS President and CEO. “Having a single class of widely-traded shares is going to benefit all of our shareholders through enhanced trading volumes, liquidity and marketability and, as well, TELUS common shares will be listed on the New York Stock Exchange for the first time. Moreover, the sole class of common shares will further enhance TELUS’ track record of excellence in corporate governance.”

TELUS expects that its approximately 151 million outstanding non-voting shares will be delisted from the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) on or about February 5, 2013 and from the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) on or about February 8, 2013. An equivalent number of additional TELUS common shares would then be listed and begin trading on the NYSE for the first time on or about February 5, 2013 under the symbol “TU,” the same symbol under which TELUS’ non-voting shares have traded on the exchange. TELUS’ common shares will continue to trade under the current symbol “T” on the TSX. TELUS expects the additional TELUS common shares issued as a result of the exchange will be listed and begin trading on the TSX on or about February 11, 2013. TELUS will have a single class of approximately 326 million common shares listed and trading on both the TSX and NYSE.

TELUS is proceeding with the share exchange as Mason Capital Management LLC and TELUS have agreed to abandon all litigation relating to the court approved plan of arrangement. The agreement does not involve the payment of funds to either party.

As a result, the Supreme Court of British Columbia’s decision to grant a final order approving TELUS’ share exchange stands and all conditions precedent to completion of the exchange have now been satisfied.

TELUS non-voting shareholders, with or without a physical share certificate, do not need to take any action because the company is moving to a Direct Registration System (DRS). As soon as practicable following the effective time, TELUS’ transfer agent Computershare will send non-voting shareholders a DRS advice form, which will represent the total number of common shares that they will be entitled to receive upon the exchange. This will allow shareholders to hold their new common shares in a “book entry” form without having a physical share certificate issued.
»about.telus.com/community/englis···exchange

jtl999

In the GVRD
reply to Gardener
Let's go to the Telus building and protest the cell data caps.
/ha

bimmerdriver

Coquitlam, BC
reply to bimmerdriver
I received a reply from Telus and it is exactly what you would expect. I was going to forward the email, but there is a confidentiality notice. Since Telus thinks nothing about bullying their customers, I don't want to take the chance that they will cut off my service if I forward the email, so I will tell you about the email.

They claim this is about controlling "extreme usage" and "fairness". (Of course, this is fairness in the eyes of Telus, as they are not offering refunds to customers who use less than the usage cap.

The also claim that they are entitled to raise prices twice in the span of less than a year and reduce usage caps by 50% both without any compensation, due to the terms of the "Internet Access Service Agreement".

Like I said before, it's guaranteed that bitching about this here won't accomplish much, but doing nothing guarantees that Telus will go on screwing the market, along with Bell, Rogers and Shaw. I plan to contact Openmedia, the CRTC, the CCTS, my MP and the minister of industry.

Let's raise hell!

yourmail

@shawcable.net
Could you PM the message to anyone?

bimmerdriver

Coquitlam, BC
Email ceo@telus.com and you will probably get a copy of the same BS they sent me.