spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Lorob1
@pacbell.net

Lorob1

Anon

[Software] Mail Server Certificate Error

Has anyone found a fix for the error that is generated by Outlook due to the yahoo mail certificate not matching the account settings? This seems to be caused by the fact that Yahoo uses one certificate for multiple mail server addresses.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

said by Lorob1 :

Has anyone found a fix for the error that is generated by Outlook due to the yahoo mail certificate not matching the account settings? This seems to be caused by the fact that Yahoo uses one certificate for multiple mail server addresses.

No clue. Need more information; such as the nature of the error. I can imagine problems for people still using, 'smtp.pacbell.yahoo.com', instead of the newer, 'smtp.att.yahoo.com'. Or trying to use port 25 instead of port 465. But I would need to see the specific error before attempting a definitive answer.
Lorob
join:2003-06-30
Vista, CA

Lorob

Screen shot ···docx.zip
1,012,842 bytes
Error Message
My mail servers are sbcglobal.yahoo.com but when signing on to the servers the certificate is issued to att.yahoo.com. I'm using ports 995 and 587. And yes, it is an SSL connection.

Using Outlook 2007

Screen shot of error attached.

Thanks,

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

said by Lorob:

My mail servers are sbcglobal.yahoo.com but when signing on to the servers the certificate is issued to att.yahoo.com. I'm using ports 995 and 587. And yes, it is an SSL connection.

Both 'smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com' and 'pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com' have been deprecated for years; nearly five years. AT&T announced, around March, 2008, that the new server names to use should be, 'smtp.att.yahoo.com' and 'pop.att.yahoo.com'. The AT&T recommended SMTP port to use is 465.