All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr to NYC Guy

to NYC Guy

Re: Ridiculous charge for lost FIOS cable box!

said by NYC Guy:

Incidentally does anyone know what this DCT 700 box from Motorola really sells for brand new? I am not talking about eBay prices but from legitimate retailers.

I don't think MSOs can even buy this box anymore as most STB makers have stopped manufacturing SD terminals. Up north here where MSOs allow customers to buy equipment, the company I'm with sells the same terminal to customers for $99+tax for a refurb unit that comes with a 2 year warranty. If you lose a rental they charge $99 for the terminal, $5 for the power cord, and $25 for the remote, so not too far off from what Verizon is charging you.
NYC Guy
join:2003-11-08
New York, NY

NYC Guy

It's about $95 off as I do have the remote. if they said it was only $100 I would bite the bullet, but we all know they will be basing this on shipping a refurbished unit if I asked for a replacement box.
15444104 (banned)
join:2012-06-11

15444104 (banned) to yyzlhr

to yyzlhr
Doesn't your home owners policy include theft?

If it does file a claim.

You MUST pay the listed price, as the terms of your agreement are included in your contract with Verizon. Doesn't matter whether it is a old or refurbished box or not, you agreed to pay when you started service.

I would also call the contractor and see if you can get them to pay for the box. Heck send them a bill for it. If they don't respond have a lawyer send them a letter demanding payment or else you will be heading to small claims court.

nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

nycdave to NYC Guy

MVM

to NYC Guy
Instead of trying to justify why you shouldn't pay this, don't fight Verizon - fight your contractor who lost it...