uniqs
share rss forum feed

danclan

join:2005-11-01
Midlothian, VA
reply to MURICA

Re: 3Net debuts on Comcast :(

said by MURICA:

Fiber is pretty niche still (and probably always will be).

As long as my rates don't go up though I have no issue with Verizon adding it. I personally don't care about fiber and don't have a fiber optic line.

So you are in a fiber forum arguing about something you don't have?

And with 15 million homes having fiber available to them and with Comcast requiring fiber for their high end currently...you can expect that number to continue to climb...id say its not niche as Verizon continues to driver users to its existing deployments of fiber.

Verizon continues to add users to fiber base and continues to pull in subscribers. I don't see fiber going away only growing. Slower than many hand hoped but still growing and hardly niche.

MURICA

join:2013-01-03

said by danclan:

said by MURICA:

Fiber is pretty niche still (and probably always will be).

As long as my rates don't go up though I have no issue with Verizon adding it. I personally don't care about fiber and don't have a fiber optic line.

So you are in a fiber forum arguing about something you don't have?

And with 15 million homes having fiber available to them and with Comcast requiring fiber for their high end currently...you can expect that number to continue to climb...id say its not niche as Verizon continues to driver users to its existing deployments of fiber.

Verizon continues to add users to fiber base and continues to pull in subscribers. I don't see fiber going away only growing. Slower than many hand hoped but still growing and hardly niche.

READING COMPREHENSION 101:

I was making a joke about this guy having the audacity to complain about 3DTV being "niche" on a FIBER OPTIC FORUM by parodying his post with the words "3D" replaced with "fiber."

I'd be willing to bet there are more households in America with a 3DTV in them than there are households that are subscribed to a fiber optic product like our beloved Verizon FiOS.

knarf829

join:2007-06-02
kudos:1

said by MURICA:

I was making a joke about this guy having the audacity to complain about 3DTV being "niche" on a FIBER OPTIC FORUM by parodying his post with the words "3D" replaced with "fiber."

I think he actually meant the more accurate term of "fad." 3DTV is a fad.

MURICA

join:2013-01-03

said by knarf829:

said by MURICA:

HD is a fad.

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX
kudos:1
reply to knarf829

said by knarf829:

said by MURICA:

You have to be in the elite to understand 3DTV is not a fad. Sorry.

--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo
Expand your moderator at work