dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
mistate02
join:2013-01-25

mistate02

Verification of C wire on Gibson furnace.

Click for full size
Good afternoon,
I have a Gibson furnace with air model GB3BM 036K BB that I would like to hook a C wire to in order to power a wifi thermostat. I wanted to confirm the correct place to grab the common from within the furnace. If I am correct, it looks like the Gray wire coming off of the transformer since the red carries 24v? The be honest, I am not sure what the 2 wire red and white are connected for since only the 4 wire comes down to the stat. I need to get in the attic and see why the previous owner hooked that up. Thank you for the help.

ropeguru
Premium Member
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru

Premium Member

Looking at this link: »www.nordyne.com/Literatu ··· 416a.pdf

The grey wire is your "C" wire. The other 24v wire should be red and have an inline fuse.
tberg
join:2001-08-23
Greenville, SC

tberg to mistate02

to mistate02
Just connect to the C terminal on the terminal strip.

robbin
Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

robbin to mistate02

Mod

to mistate02
The 2 wire should go to the outside AC unit. It's controlled by the thermostat also.
mistate02
join:2013-01-25

mistate02

Ropeguru: That is perfect and just as I thought. I was looking at a very similar diagram of the handler, not the heater. Thank you!

tberg: There does not appear to have a terminal strip like my garage heater with the simple markings:)

robbin: Thank you very much for clarifying that AC unit, that just saved me a long, dirty trip across the attic:) Now all I need to do is connect into the gray wire and I am set.

Thank you all very much.