join:2004-06-05
Newtown, PA
Netgear CM2050V
Netgear RBRE960
Netgear RBSE960

owlyn

MVM

[Speed] Blast Configuration Wrong?

Until the beginning of January, I had Blast with the free upgrade to 50/4. Retention made a mistake in early January, and reduced me to the Performance tier, with an associated drop in billing. I called today to have Blast reinstated, but I am only getting 25/4. I called customer service, and they resent the config file twice, but I am still only getting 25/4. The rep escalated my call to the server people. Anyone know what might be wrong, or how I can check which config file I have? The modem is an Arris 722G.

Thanks.

EG
The wings of love
Premium Member
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ

EG

Premium Member

It may be more effective for you to post this concern in the CC Direct Forum. BTW, the upgraded Blast speeds are 50/10.
MisterP
join:2012-10-11
US

MisterP to owlyn

to owlyn
Performance is 16/2, BLAST! is 25/4, Extreme 50 is 50/10; at least those are the main tiers in the southeast. As for the logs, config files, signals, etc. type 192.168.100.1 into your browser. The default login should be somewhere on the modem. Probably a variation of admin/pass.

Edit: We don't get that good 50/10 Blast EG :P
No one cares about us southerners.............

owlyn
MVM
Newtown, PA
Netgear CM2050V
Netgear RBRE960
Netgear RBSE960

owlyn

MVM

said by MisterP:

Performance is 16/2, BLAST! is 25/4, Extreme 50 is 50/10; at least those are the main tiers in the southeast. As for the logs, config files, signals, etc. type 192.168.100.1 into your browser. The default login should be somewhere on the modem. Probably a variation of admin/pass.

I know how to get to the modem diagnostic pages. The speed tiers are different in my area due to FIOS competition.

Defiance
Computer Elite
Premium Member
join:2002-09-11
Minocqua, WI

Defiance to owlyn

Premium Member

to owlyn
I get 65 down and 15 up on my Extreme. Maybe it varies by market.

»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 9128.png
MisterP
join:2012-10-11
US

MisterP to owlyn

to owlyn
Well, you asked how do you find out what config you have. It's in the modem setup; which is why I gave you the address etc.

I wish we could get fiber around here; nearest is Chattanooga EPB

owlyn
MVM
Newtown, PA
Netgear CM2050V
Netgear RBRE960
Netgear RBSE960

owlyn to EG

MVM

to EG
said by EG:

It may be more effective for you to post this concern in the CC Direct Forum. BTW, the upgraded Blast speeds are 50/10.

Thanks. Wasn't sure about the upload speed. Figured I'd wait till Monday to post in the Direct forum, as I believe those folks are off on the weekend, and I suppose there is some chance the escalation techs may be able to fix it. Didn't want to confuse matters if they do fix it. I was hoping someone here may know what's up in the meantime.
owlyn

owlyn to MisterP

MVM

to MisterP
said by MisterP:

Well, you asked how do you find out what config you have. It's in the modem setup; which is why I gave you the address etc.

I wish we could get fiber around here; nearest is Chattanooga EPB

I don't see anything obvious in the modem pages, unless it's the firmware name: TS070463A_011312_MODEL_7_8

EG
The wings of love
Premium Member
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ

EG

Premium Member

Not all modem firmware loads have the display of the name of the config file in the error log entries enabled...

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium Member
join:2005-03-19
Mullica Hill, NJ

ArrayList to Defiance

Premium Member

to Defiance
pretty sure that that is powerboost and not your subscribed speeds.

Defiance
Computer Elite
Premium Member
join:2002-09-11
Minocqua, WI
Hitron EN2251
Ubiquiti AmpliFi Alien

Defiance

Premium Member

said by ArrayList:

pretty sure that that is powerboost and not your subscribed speeds.

You don't get powerboost on Extreme 50.