norbert26
Premium Member
join:2010-08-10
Warwick, RI

norbert26 to jcondon

Premium Member

to jcondon

Re: Clear QAM / VHO5

TIVOs will not receive any digital channels without a cable card not even in the clear ones. Without a cablecard it will only get analog which does not apply on FiOS .

Zero5
join:2009-07-01
Collegeville, PA

Zero5

said by norbert26:

TIVOs will not receive any digital channels without a cable card not even in the clear ones. Without a cablecard it will only get analog which does not apply on FiOS .

Not entirely true.

»support.tivo.com/app/ans ··· a_id/298

In a nutshell, TiVo says you'll be able to receive ClearQAM channels (and you will) but they cannot guarantee guide data for them.
jcondon
join:2000-05-27
Fishkill, NY

jcondon

said by Zero5 See Profile

In a nutshell, TiVo says you'll be able to receive ClearQAM channels (and you will) but they cannot guarantee guide data for them.

This was my experience. I didn't mess around with it long enough to see if the guide data would be useful or not.

I just wanted to make sure it still worked before upgrading it to Lifetime service.

I will put a CC when I decide to use it again.

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff to norbert26

MVM,

to norbert26
said by norbert26:

Just to build on what Zero and jcondon8 said, this is not true at all.

You can do a manual channel scan on a TiVo setup without a CableCARD and it will find any clear QAM channels. The issue is that guide data will not be mapped to the channels correctly. If you have a hacked TiVo 3 or HD, I (along with others' previous work) wrote a script that will map your channels to the TiVo guide data.