Streamwood, IL

1 edit

StillLearn to JoeSchmoe007

Premium Member

to JoeSchmoe007

Re: [Anveo] 'CONTACT CHECK' + 'PRESS KEY' = PERFECT SPAM TRAP

added picture
said by JoeSchmoe007:

I don't know exactly what phone do you want to ring. I have "SIP" control instead of your "Answer" - this rings a phone connected to my SIP adapter. SIP output is connected to "Voicemail".

I wanted to ring the phone plugged into my OBI202. So I am thinking that I will also want to use the 'SIP' control.

Your other points are good also. Is this what the 'other' and 'spam' outputs contain?

spam:
•blocked CID (or does that depend on having CID=0 defined as contact?)
•no CID
•entries marked as Contact type SPAM in Contact Details

other:
•entries marked with Contact type left blank in Contact Details
•entries in Contact Group BLACKLIST if Use Block Callers is not ticked in Start

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

mozerd

MVM

Thank you for posting your call flow diagram. This object oriented Call Flow capability is POWERFUL and very good to know. Certainly looks like Anveo provides powerful tools that can stop nuisance callers at a very reasonable cost. I've just set up an Anveo account for one of my DID's --- on a side note I do find Anveo pricing structure confusing --- costs are very reasonable -- but the structure is most confusing to me.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by mozerd:

....on a side note I do find Anveo pricing structure confusing --- costs are very reasonable -- but the structure is most confusing to me.

It gets asked and explained often around here.

I wish that we could 'Sticky' a thread about it.

Some of their website pages are weirdly named, and some things which cost money are NOT COVERED AT ALL in the public part of their site - only AFTER you open an account and have a login to their web portal dashboard, and then STILL have to poke around in there to discover (for example) that they CAN do a name lookup (CNAM) for incoming calls (which works rather well, BTW, IMNSHO), plus that you must enable it from inside of there, and it costs .9 cents per lookup, which is not bad since the incoming calls themselves are FREE on at least 2 of their DID rate plans.

StillLearn
Premium Member
join:2002-03-21
Streamwood, IL

StillLearn

Premium Member

said by Davesnothere:

The DSLR way would be to have a forum FAQ entry on it. »VoIP: Voice over IP

If you would click "How can I submit an entry for this FAQ?" you might submit something as best as you know so far. Then you or somebody else could submit a change request later. So the entry does not have to be perfect to be very useful.

One good way to get it started would be to make a thread with a proposed starting wording, but expecting that it might have holes and flaws. Invite others to comment. Then tune the text as you think appropriate after the comments, and submit the revised text.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by StillLearn:

said by Davesnothere:

The DSLR way would be to have a forum FAQ entry on it. »VoIP: Voice over IP ....

Good catch !

However, while it might be the DSLR way, it looks like nobody pays attention to it and/or KNOWS about it.

The last time anything was added or changed there was as stated on the page : "Last modified on 2010-09-24 18:28:13".

A sticky is at least 'in yer face' each time you visit the forum.