Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10
reply to InvalidError

Re: CNOC speed matching decision due next week

said by InvalidError:

said by HeadSpinning:

The only reason Bell would have to build a separate aggregation network would be to avoid using an "All Carriers" approach to their cost studies - it is neither technically or economically efficient.

The CRTC's rate-setting process does not reward technical nor economic efficiency.

But they do look for (and find) gaming of the cost studies process.
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP

mikee

join:2012-12-21
Gloucester, ON
reply to TSI Marc

Any update on the plan? Been just about 2 weeks. You might have posted it & I didn't see it. Hopefully you can update us soon

MrMazda86

join:2013-01-29
Kitchener, ON

said by mikee:

Any update on the plan? Been just about 2 weeks. You might have posted it & I didn't see it. Hopefully you can update us soon

I wish... This is the CRTC we're talking about. Like many other government agencies, their definition of "within 3 - 5 business days" really means "within 3 - 5 calendar months" usually. Then again, this is our lovely government at work for ya.

mikee

Gloucester, ON

Hmm but Marc wrote that he would give a plan within 1-2 weeks. It's now 2 weeks the plan is more a TSI plan not really anything to do with the CRTC. When they will become AGG or start becoming AGG. I will quote his post so you can see what I am talking about incase I misread it.

quote:
Ottawa is getting looked at first due to capacity on existing TPIA network that would require additional facilities that we know will not get used once migrated...

I have to say though, if you feel the need to move on. That's entirely your choice.. The situation is what it is... I don't think it would have been realistic to change sooner.. We only knew about this speed matching thing in December... Until then we had until the end of this year with no real reason to rush past that.. And considering everything else that needed attention.. We were focused on the most important issues... Now that we know, we will do what we can to accelerate the process. Maybe it's possible to move more quickly.. We'll have to see how it goes. Once the plan is more firmly set, I'll update everybody here. I'm hoping that we'll have that plan set in the next week or two.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:26

Working on it gang.. Should hopefully have an agreement with Rogers soon.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

mikee

Gloucester, ON

Thanks for the update.