Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Long Island

M A R S to frdrizzt

Premium Member

to frdrizzt

Re: [OOL] Webmail BLOWS! Always has

said by frdrizzt:

edit: Disregard. I just reread the OP and saw that you use it via a pop client. Not editing this out in case anyone else finds this via search and has the issue, but it's not your problem.

You can check if the ID has email access by going to the ID center: »idcenter.services.optimu ··· ptimumID . If it has an "email address" listed, then it is email enabled. Otherwise it may just have account center and/or voice or rewards access. If email is disabled, then you would need to contact CV to enable the account (just ask them to convert your existing ID to an email address).

Seems to be set up
--
said by root:

said by M A R S:

Yeah RIGHT!

What is your deal? You have people providing you legitimate advise and you troll and troll.

You could also do a live chat, if for some reason there was a wait to speak to someone you can just minimize the window until a rep is available and go about your business.

Bollocks!
--
quote:
OOL.: Hi, my name is OOL.. How may I help you?
Me: My email address --------@optonline.net does now work when using webmail. I have tried it on windows 7 all browser's, Mac OS all browsers and even on Linux. When i log in It just goes in to a long in loop. Right now on my 2 month old Mac same thing.
Me: email is enabled in the id center
OOL.: I am truly sorry that you are having an issue with your Optimum ID and password. I will be more than happy to assist you from here.
OOL.: What kind of loop?
OOL.: it just brings you back to the login page?
Me: Well I'm also able to use my ID to pay my bill and everything else and that works fine, just no webmail It just stays on the loading page
OOL.: Or you can login it just does not open webmail?
OOL.: Update Flash.
Me: I can log in but that its, it just keeps loading.
OOL.: Update Flash.
OOL.: Webmail is flash based.
OOL.: It will not load if Flash is not updated.
Mer: Ok, that i know.. let me see
OOL.: Great.
Me: Im using Adobe Flash Player 11.5.502.146 On a Mac
OOL.: Did you check »get.adobe.com/flashplaye ··· id=JZEFT
OOL.: Do not install mcaffe.
Me: Im on a mac, i have the latest flash player
OOL.: That is strange.
Me: Right?

At this point i don't give a shit any more. Nothing lost nothing gained. THAT'S MY DEAL.

aztr0
join:2007-10-28
Brooklyn, NY

aztr0 to M A R S

to M A R S
Never had an issue with it. It just loads and that is it.

Jmartz0
join:2000-07-20
Tenafly, NJ

Jmartz0 to M A R S

to M A R S
USE THIS LINK:

Initially it will use the same login page but after you login it should redirect you to the "old" HTML web mail.

»uwc.webmail.optimum.net

M A R S
Premium Member
Long Island

M A R S

Premium Member

same stuff, loops then ends at

this »signin.optimum.net/signi ··· =webmail

Jmartz0
join:2000-07-20
Tenafly, NJ

Jmartz0 to M A R S

to M A R S
Not sure what to tell you then... your browser obviously does not like something... try logging into the account center where you pay your bill, and then open a new tab and paste that link into it... since you are already logged in maybe it will work?

M A R S
Premium Member
Long Island

M A R S

Premium Member

said by Jmartz0:

Not sure what to tell you then... your browser obviously does not like something... try logging into the account center where you pay your bill, and then open a new tab and paste that link into it... since you are already logged in maybe it will work?

I have done that, this is not just specific to this browser on this computer, but on ANY COMPUTER. Like i say, im moving on. Thanks for the help guys. Take care.
milan22
join:2008-12-17
Newark, NJ

milan22 to M A R S

to M A R S
said by M A R S:

I have done that, this is not just specific to this browser on this computer, but on ANY COMPUTER. Like i say, im moving on. Thanks for the help guys. Take care.

One more time. (for the hard of hearing & ignorant)

CALL OOL TECH AND THEY WILL RESET ON THEIR END.

Six days and counting of wasting time. Still won't make that 5 minute phone call.