N3OGH
Yo Soy Col. "Bat" Guano
Premium Member
join:2003-11-11
Philly burbs

N3OGH

Premium Member

Super Bowl Sunday...

This Sunday is Super Bowl Sunday. The 49'rs are playing the Ravens in the SUPER BOWL.

SUPER BOWL SUPER BOWL SUPER BOWL.

Come & get me Goodell, I ain't afraid of your goon squad!

Oh, shit. I'm dead now, ain't I???

jkj860
The Final Frontier
join:2002-01-10
Valparaiso, IN

1 recommendation

jkj860

said by N3OGH:

This Sunday is Super Bowl Sunday. The 49'rs are playing the Ravens in the SUPER BOWL.

SUPER BOWL SUPER BOWL SUPER BOWL.

Come & get me Goodell, I ain't afraid of your goon squad!

Oh, shit. I'm dead now, ain't I???

Pro Bowl this week. Super Bowl next Sunday.

N3OGH
Yo Soy Col. "Bat" Guano
Premium Member
join:2003-11-11
Philly burbs

1 recommendation

N3OGH

Premium Member

DRAT! Shows you how in touch I am with THAT schedule.

People still show up for the pro bowl?

jkj860
The Final Frontier
join:2002-01-10
Valparaiso, IN

jkj860

We have a few Bears players in it so I will probably keep an eye on it. Good reason to have some beers on a Sunday!
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

1 recommendation

Happydude32 to N3OGH

Premium Member

to N3OGH
I’d like to see the All Star games in all sports done away with. The MLB All Star Game is the only one that has any real meaning anyway. Usually the scores are sky high as nobody plays defense in any All Star game, regardless of the sport. Keep the skills portion of the various all star events, and in lieu of a game, just have an award ceremony or something to give recognition where it is due.

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy to N3OGH

Premium Member

to N3OGH
Think of the revenue it would generate (in addition to the ads) if it was on Pay Per View. I would like to see the big sports leagues go to Pay Per View distribution of games as I am not a big fan of sports (other than hoping to see the Chicago Cubs win the World Series) and I think sports programming is one of the reasons cable rates are through the roof (ESPN is an expensive channel and I wish the cable/satellite providers would make it a premium channel).

Best Buy should have a return on warranty issues only policy on TVs this time of year as people buy that 60 inch TV, unbox it and hook it up, watch the Super Bowl, and then return it the following Monday.
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32

Premium Member

Jesus Friggen Christ, give it up with your anti sports nonsense already! And incase you haven’t noticed 1) The Super Bowl is the most watched event in the country 2) It rotates between the over the air networks that have NFL contracts, NBC, CBS and FOX. Not sure why ESPN is even relevant here.

And please post a link or two about people in mass droves buying new TVs the day before the Super Bowl and returning it the day after. While I wouldn’t doubt it happens, it certainly is not some pandemic.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

skeechan to N3OGH

Premium Member

to N3OGH
While it isn't this Sunday I hope the 49ers get smoked. F Norcal.
djcrazy
Premium Member
join:2009-08-05
Minneapolis, MN

djcrazy to IowaCowboy

Premium Member

to IowaCowboy
The cable companies hands are tied on this one. It is an all or nothing from the content provider and they require that ESPN be on basic cable. Disney owns the 80% and Hearst owns the rest. If a cable company refuses to carry ESPN as a basic channel, they get zero programming from Disney.
djcrazy

djcrazy to N3OGH

Premium Member

to N3OGH
The Super Bowl is Sunday Feb. 3, 2013 and kickoff is at 6:30 PM Eastern time. The 49'ers are gonna win it all!!

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy to djcrazy

Premium Member

to djcrazy
said by djcrazy:

The cable companies hands are tied on this one. It is an all or nothing from the content provider and they require that ESPN be on basic cable. Disney owns the 80% and Hearst owns the rest. If a cable company refuses to carry ESPN as a basic channel, they get zero programming from Disney.

Then that is when you bring on the carriage disputes. Many times programming providers give in just to get their channels back on the air. KCRG (Cedar Rapids, IA) just had a bitter carriage dispute with Dish and they even offered their sub channel (9.2) for free but Dish would not budge.