paintref
Look, I see stars

join:2003-02-21
Houston, TX
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

3D TV glasses...

My mom recently got a LG 3D LED TV.

The TV came with 8 pairs of 3D glasses (3 2 packs of regular LG Cinema 3D glasses and a pack of 2 dual play (for 3D games)).

My question is, could I take the regular LG Cinema glasses and watch an Imax 3D movie or does imax use their own special glasses?

beck
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-29
On The Road
kudos:1
I don't know. But it doesn't matter since you have to pay the extra when you go to a 3D movie even if you don't use their glasses.

Jahntassa
What, I can have feathers
Premium
join:2006-04-14
Conway, SC
kudos:4
reply to paintref
Depends on the theater. There's a good chance that no, they won't work.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT

1 recommendation

reply to paintref
If the glasses does not use batteries they are passive glasses, and yes they will work at the movie theater, I haven't seen any that use active.. and no one that I know would would want to deal with active glasses in a theater...

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT
reply to beck
said by beck:

I don't know. But it doesn't matter since you have to pay the extra when you go to a 3D movie even if you don't use their glasses.

Yeah that sucks, when it over you can throw it in the recycle bin, I kept my real3D glasses because I paid for them with the movie price, and if I go over to a house with a passive set I can still use them.
--
It's NOT Ni-kon It's NE-KON!

LG is NOT Lifes Good It's Lucky Goldstar!

Expand your moderator at work

Grimm

join:2011-05-23
reply to paintref

Re: 3D TV glasses...

I have a LG 3D TV also that came with 4 pairs of their glasses. I use the ones you get in the theaters because the LG glasses aren't very friendly for those that wear glasses to begin with. With the theater ones I actually put a dab of hot glue on the inside of the bridge and it gives a nice non-damaging/sliding resting point for on top of my own eye-glasses bridge.

(I hope that is understandable. Lol it's a pretty bad run-on sentence.)
--
Slydermv--In short.. hookers save lives.